Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone lake

Default Puddingstone lake

Hey guys I am going fishing at puddings tone lake. I normally fish salt water. Any tips, tricks, or advice for me? Really don't want to get skunked.

I just started fishing so can't give a lot of advice but I am sure people will help you out. It might also help if you mention what you're going after.

My advice, fish a different lake. Why post a puddingstone thread here?
    If going after trout, power bait off the bottom is always a good choice. Float a nightcrawler under a bobber for surface action. If trolling is your thing, any colorful lure will get their attention if there near the surface.
    Last time I was at puddingstone it was full trash and ski boats racing around everywhere.
    I think maybe you need to rethink your choive of lakes but thats just me.
    tight lines......

Why does the edit function still not work? It's been months since it stopped. Sorry for crappy spelling in the previous post but I still can't edit it.

I would try a different lake, puddingstone is just horrible this time of year.

Default Sorry new to the site

Quote Originally Posted by hookerz View Post
    My advice, fish a different lake. Why post a puddingstone thread here?
    If going after trout, power bait off the bottom is always a good choice. Float a nightcrawler under a bobber for surface action. If trolling is your thing, any colorful lure will get their attention if there near the surface.
    Last time I was at puddingstone it was full trash and ski boats racing around everywhere.
    I think maybe you need to rethink your choive of lakes but thats just me.
    tight lines......
    Sorry new to this site not sure where to post.
    My brother lives on the lake there so gonna go fool around. I normally fish salt water and never really had any luck with fresh water. So I guess thanks for the tips we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervinci View Post
    My brother lives on the lake there so gonna go fool around. I normally fish salt water and never really had any luck with fresh water. So I guess thanks for the tips we will see what happens.
    Welcome to the site. Puddingstone reports are in the "all other freshwater report" tab. I don't fish puddingstone but you could look at some past reports. I do know they have bass and carp tho. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervinci View Post
    Good and have fun, tell us how you did.

Quote Originally Posted by allIdoIsfish View Post
    I would try a different lake, puddingstone is just horrible this time of year.
    Unless you're fishing for trout, thats the hottest bet this time of year. I believe they stocked the week of Dec 15, Dec 22 AND Dec 29. Havent been there lately but the trout fishing should be good using powerbait or nightcrawlers like the other guys said...

i am guessing your fishing the rv park area? trout is your best bet..i know people in park who told me the catfishing can be really good when raining in that area in winter...but i see no rain in sight...stick with the trout