Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best hook size for berkley mice tail?

YOURE RIGHT T-REX ,OWNER MUSQUITO ,PINK AND WHITE ,ORANGE AND WHITE ,WHITE AND WHITE,,,,,,,,,,OR GO TO MIKES MALLOS AND MAKE SOME POWERATS WITH POWERWORMS FOR THE TAILS,,,,,,THE MIKES MALLOS ARE SCENTED AND HAVE SPARKLES , MY BIGGEST LIMITS HAVE COME OFF THEM AT THE PVR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by vegas fish slayer View Post
    What I found is if you break the head off the mice tail and thread that onto a owner 10 then slide the egg up the line a little. Then thread the worm end on. Then with a size 10 hook you have plenty of hook exposed as well of the benefits of a light hook. We don't buy the micetails anymore. We buy the garlic scented heads in all kinds of colors and buy the worms separately. Micetails only come in certain colors and when everyone under the sun is using the same thing I like to be different and has proved to be absolutely awesome. Truthfully I use more trout king worms than anything. The color selection is far better and the worms last way longer.
    In the pre-Mice Tail days we used Power Bait for the head and a Power worm for the tail. The PMS, or Power Mouse Special. Got the dough's scent working with the action of those great worms. Then the Gulp! eggs came around and we used those instead of PB. Now there's the prefab units. I guess Berkley is making some bucks, no?

Of course you have to mention ye olde M&M, the marshmallow/mealworm combo. Probably started the whole and is still just as effective, along with the marshmallow/'crawler combo. And the strawberry shortcake? Haven't seen that one mentioned in a very long time. Anyone out there still try it?
    Last edited by Marley; 01-13-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    YOURE RIGHT T-REX ,OWNER MUSQUITO ,PINK AND WHITE ,ORANGE AND WHITE ,WHITE AND WHITE,,,,,,,,,,OR GO TO MIKES MALLOS AND MAKE SOME POWERATS WITH POWERWORMS FOR THE TAILS,,,,,,THE MIKES MALLOS ARE SCENTED AND HAVE SPARKLES , MY BIGGEST LIMITS HAVE COME OFF THEM AT THE PVR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,
    Im going to check that out T,O! Never heard of mike mallos where can I get some at ?

Ya you stick with that. ridiculous
    Ridiculous ? I didn't mean to offend you about the trout king and about making your own mice tails!
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 01-13-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    In the pre-Mice Tail days we used Power Bait for the head and a Power worm for the tail. The PMS, or Power Mouse Special. Got the dough's scent working with the action of those great worms. Then the Gulp! eggs came around and we used those instead of PB. Now there's the prefab units. I guess Berkeley is making some bucks, no?

Of course you have to mention ye olde M&M, the marshmallow/mealworm combo. Probably started the whole and is still just as effective, along with the marshmallow/'crawler combo. And the strawberry shortcake? Haven't seen that one mentioned in a very long time. Anyone out there still try it?
    Marley I seen that you fish with the M&M a lot ! I haven't tried that all season I think I'm going to give it a try and I'll let you know what's the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Berkeley are the most effective mice tails out there! Pink head & White tail , Orange & White on a size 10 owner mosquito hook
    trout king has nothing on it & I also tried making my own mice tails and its not as effective either.
    I have 3 brand new packs of trout king mice tails and I have not caught 1 fish on them

Also if you are getting short bit cut a little piece of the tail off! making the mice tail shorter and easier for the fish to get hooked
    You do bring up an interesting fishing point, CONFIDENCE in what your throwing at the fish. If you honestly believe in some bait or lure, it's hard to try something different for very long if the fish don't hit it immediately. One of the other Trout poster here at FNN has said more then once, "If their not hitting the garden hackle their not hitting at all." He is talking about night crawlers if you weren't sure. I've got the same problem at LNL this season on trout. We have caught over 150 trout on mice tails, it's hard to start throw something else when you had that much success with one bait.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-14-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Ya you stick with that. ridiculous
    What's so ridiculous about his tips? Please explain.

I have added a dab of power bait on top of micetail for extra scent. I don't know if it makes a difference but it gives me that extra confidence like u all mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Ridiculous ? I didn't mean to offend you about the trout king and about making your own mice tails!
    Probably a "pro staff" member, don't let it bother you. I agree with you Berkley works and you can buy them many places, I don't buy into all the "custom" worm and jig makers out there, I'm sure they work they just annoy me, lol!

Yeah its all good i didnt mean to offend him or anything and i think thats how he tooj it
    Hey Seal i just got into jigging all thanks to you for getting on my case about C&R at big bear lake a few years ago hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Probably a "pro staff" member, don't let it bother you. I agree with you Berkley works and you can buy them many places, I don't buy into all the "custom" worm and jig makers out there, I'm sure they work they just annoy me, lol!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast