Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Float Tubing Perris

Default Float Tubing Perris

My friend and I will be fishing Perris this Saturday and it will be my first time there. We're hoping to get some bass on swimbaits. How windy has it been there lately? Is it calm enough to float tube or would renting a boat be a better idea?

I've read the recent reports about bass being caught deep. Has anyone caught any bass shallow on swimbaits lately?

Default today

Today guys in a aluminum Bass tracking were trolling a Alabama rig and getting bass to 10lbs
    they were over deep water but fishing shallow and they Huge bass were chasing bait
    they slayed them
    i seen 4 of them myself along the dam be caught

Quote Originally Posted by -mike View Post
    My friend and I will be fishing Perris this Saturday and it will be my first time there. We're hoping to get some bass on swimbaits. How windy has it been there lately? Is it calm enough to float tube or would renting a boat be a better idea?

I've read the recent reports about bass being caught deep. Has anyone caught any bass shallow on swimbaits lately?

Watched 3 bass boats fish the inlet for 2 1/2 hours the day before and they only thing they caught was the bottom. Caught BGs all around them and when they finally left went over and caught Bluegill where they were fishing.

I was float tubing there yesterday as well and also spoke to the same guy catching fish on the A rig. My partner and I fished swim baits along with other baits with no fish to show for it.no wind to speak of at all .

Default Windy

It may not be windy at this moment but you can bet your socks it will be windy at Perris often. That being said Perris is a terrific lake to fish in the wind. The blow comes in across the many points at varying angles and creates eddies. You can hide from the wind and cast in or, if it is deep enough, I just sit my tube right on it and fish vertical. The most common afternoon wind is shadowed by the dam, keeping it calm as well. If you really want to slay a potpourri of fish try jigging a small red or brown plastic worm, dropshot style on light line. I get big bass, giant Redear and Bluegill plus bonus Crappie and Trout. Kind of like Rockcodding but they fight better on four pound test. I like the Twenty-five to Forty-five foot range if I can find the right conditions. She can be a fickle Lady but Perris will reward those who learn its secrets.

Thank you very much for all the advice! It was my first time at Perris so I really appreciate the helpful tips.

It was a really nice day yesterday. Calm winds all day long. The bass fishing was slow but it was a fun time exploring a new lake on my tube. I don't have much useful info to share as my friend and I both skunked. Spent most of the day fishing the points around the marina/boat launch area. I hooked one 25ft deep on the dropshot but he quickly wrapped me around a submerged tree and spit the hook. No more bites for me after that. My friend got bit once on the jig but his fish came off early too. Didn't see any other boats catching any bass. Saw a pontoon catching bluegill.

A little heads up for any fellow float tubers who haven't been to Lake Perris before: They inspected our float tubes at the entrance. So make sure your tube is completely dry. Also we saw a guy from the DFG driving around the shoreline checking fishing licenses

I fished the inlet (The trench/Canyon) on Thursday and caught them.

Pete

Thanks for the information, I went last Sat to get my pass but they did not have them yet, when the winds go away I will get one and fish, I do have my inspection paper and License

Ted