Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aqueduct shutdown Jan 6th

Default Aqueduct shutdown Jan 6th

Power will be out at Edmunston for a scheduled 4 day maintenance.

No flow, ofcourse if the work is done quickly it will resume before the 4 day shutdown

There could be AV flow because the Tehachapi east afterbay can be drawn down. If there is an outage up stream, they can still move water to the east branch by lowering the afterbay? It was one of the reasons it was built. Will they need to do that in low demand time of year, I don't know but theoretically they could still flow water this way. The flows have been almost wide open the past couple of days so maybe this planned shut down might explain it?

Your correct on all counts

I really wish it would be shut down though. I need my first DD of 2014 and this whacky, inconsistent flow being all over the place recently is messing up my January DD techniques.

Thanks for the info. Do you prefer flow over no flow? From what I've read, it seems like most like flow and some won't fish when there is no flow. Do you use different techniques? I've caught fish both ways, I'm not sure I have an opinion either way at this point. Last couple of days I've been out it has been slow for me with some flow. I'm thinking of going out early tomorrow, maybe I'll pick up a few.

Quote Originally Posted by bakersneck View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you prefer flow over no flow? From what I've read, it seems like most like flow and some won't fish when there is no flow. Do you use different techniques? I've caught fish both ways, I'm not sure I have an opinion either way at this point. Last couple of days I've been out it has been slow for me with some flow. I'm thinking of going out early tomorrow, maybe I'll pick up a few.
    I don't know who you are asking but if me I'll say that I just prefer to fish it no matter what the conditions. I have techniques for all situations. Of course they don't always work every time and that's fishing but I welcome all conditions. If i had to not like a condition it is what I call yoyo conditions, meaning the conditions change daily or every couple of days to wild extremes with no repetitiveness or stability.

There are fish throughout the entire run. Flow triggers them and gets them to congregate.

They naturally love current.

Having said that, they can be caught in the middle of nowhere on no flow, just not as many as a turbulent head water

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    I don't know who you are asking but if me I'll say that I just prefer to fish it no matter what the conditions. I have techniques for all situations. Of course they don't always work every time and that's fishing but I welcome all conditions. If i had to not like a condition it is what I call yoyo conditions, meaning the conditions change daily or every couple of days to wild extremes with no repetitiveness or stability.
    Same here, I will fish it no matter what the conditions. Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    There are fish throughout the entire run. Flow triggers them and gets them to congregate.

They naturally love current.

Having said that, they can be caught in the middle of nowhere on no flow, just not as many as a turbulent head water
    Thanks again

MB1....this could be the no-flow after party....lets get the keg ready!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast