Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great start to a new year! Lake Skinner Fish report 01/01/2014

Default Great start to a new year! Lake Skinner Fish report 01/01/2014

Got on the water pretty late (around 1:20pm). There were plenty of people by the launch ramp no. 2 and a few bass boat around. Try hitting the east side for LMB only to get a few strikes but couldn't land anything. Caught this toad on the way back to the marina, though it was only 1 fish guess it's better than no fish. Anchovies for life!
    Awesome start to a new year...

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    Got on the water pretty late (around 1:20pm). There were plenty of people by the launch ramp no. 2 and a few bass boat around. Try hitting the east side for LMB only to get a few strikes but couldn't land anything. Caught this toad on the way back to the marina, though it was only 1 fish guess it's better than no fish. Anchovies for life!
    Awesome start to a new year...

Hey Tim, nice 6lber. Congrats.

Thanks! Marine scale put him in a tad bit over 15lbs. My home digital scale got him over 18lbs.

afraid to show your face whats up

trebile hook in mouth not anchovie bait

Lol, good eye, I caught that too...

Quote Originally Posted by jnitrobass View Post
    afraid to show your face whats up
    Yes I'm a bit camera shy. Besides if my work ever finds out; I was out fishing instead of being home sick? They wouldn't appreciate it that I had lie to them in order to go fishing.

And in regards to the anchovies comment. Guess most of you missed the sarcasm ( ) icons.

But if you insist on what I really look like..

tight lines guys...

Also I would like to give a big thanks to Capt. Ron Deucher to put me on the fish. Good ole instincts and know how to fish for LMB and striped bass. And a big shout out to San Pedro bait for providing the best and fresh anchovies.

You know it's a good day fishing when your thumb looks like this at the end of the day.

Below is Capt. Ron Deucher preparing to filet my catch.

Thank God your fist was in his mouth!

Lol. Love the thread. Ran into you at the marina, we came in on the pontoon at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast