Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duct Repair Video

Default Duct Repair Video

I found this little video clip of the recent AV duct repair. The worker has his facts wrong though. It was the east branch being repaired and not the west branch like he says. Enjoy.

Bet that damage came from you slamming DDs in the same spot. Try to slam them on the dirt to absorb the impact.

Cool video thanks.

dat siphon.....so dark and mysterious....

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Bet that damage came from you slamming DDs in the same spot. Try to slam them on the dirt to absorb the impact.
    I've never caught a fish there. I remember they had some separation measurement gauges epoxied to the cracks there and you could literally see the expansion every few months. The San Andreas runs literally right under that section and no doubt that is what jacked it up over time. I'm surprised that original liner lasted this long.
    Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Cool video thanks.
    Yeah it was a neat find.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    dat siphon.....so dark and mysterious....
    Spooky cause that corrections officer that drowned there on the inlet side a couple of years ago went through it and all the other ones before ending up at the Pearblossom plant. I was out fishing that day they had the search party for him not knowing what was going on until days later seeing it in the paper. Sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post

Spooky cause that corrections officer that drowned there on the inlet side a couple of years ago went through it and all the other ones before ending up at the Pearblossom plant. I was out fishing that day they had the search party for him not knowing what was going on until days later seeing it in the paper. Sad story.
    I remember that....that's one of my biggest fears is getting sucked down into one of those...

I wonder what it actually looks like down inside those...are they just huge tunnels?
    Last edited by ZipperWurm; 01-01-2014 at 09:03 PM.

I remember that....that's one of my biggest fears is getting sucked down into one of those...

I wonder what it actually looks like down inside those...are they just huge tunnels?

When they drained it I went down kinda close to the mouth of one and it looks like it almost goes straight down. I thought I heard a bunch of splashing down there, but ya it was eerie being that close to it...

Quote Originally Posted by HereFishy View Post
    When they drained it I went down kinda close to the mouth of one and it looks like it almost goes straight down. I thought I heard a bunch of splashing down there, but ya it was eerie being that close to it...
    Shot of mouth with a striper left high and dry.

Shot of mouth turning into tunnel that goes straight down

Shot of dead fish floating out as flow was first turned on.

Another shot of when siphon started to fill and water coming out.

Cool pix..so that's what it looks like ..i never knew

MM

lets assume the guy in the pic is at least 5ft tall, that would make the aqueduct at least 20ft deep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast