Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sarl..12/29/13..Sunday

Default Sarl..12/29/13..Sunday

So Friday my coworker asked me to take him to the mudhole and show him how to catch trout. He tells me that he's been there a couple of times and got the skunk. Since I did pretty good the last time out , I said ok I'll show him how. Knowing that there would be a tournament on Saturday, I told him we'll go on Sunday to avoid some of the crowd. So Sunday comes and we met at the lake and boy was I wrong about avoiding the croud (it was pretty packed).

Drove around and found an opening and got him set up with a Carolina rig mouse tail on one of my extra rod and that I brought. Which was a good thing cause he brought a baistcast rod aka. a bass set up lol. Fished that spot for 3hours without a single bite. Nobody around had any luck either except for a couple of missed bites by our neighbors. Decided to make a move and fish the second locale for another 3hours with the same results as the first spot. By now my coworker had given up and tells me he's done and goes home with the stripe on his back.

We said our good byes and I told him that it will be better next time. I was determined to catch something and suprise him at work with some fish. So myself and my nephew made another move and finally land our first of the day on green power bait.
    We ended up catching a total of 4 fish from 1-3 lbs and left at 2pm. At least I can give my coworker some fish since I couldn't put him on any. So he was a happy camper at work today.

The fishing was slow on this day at all the spots that we fished. It seemed like there were a lot of skunks that day and the ones that caught fish had no more than a couple in their baskets or stringer. I'm thinking that all the pressure put on the fish the previous day had something to do with the slow day. Anyways, we caught all of our fish on Carolina rigged power bait and power mouse. Hopefully we'll get my coworker on fish next time out. I told him that's why it's called fishing and not catching lol. Thanks for reading .

It was slow sat too bud! Been slow for awhile now.

LipRipper'z Tournament Video - Saturday

Mondays used to be my day at SARL way back when. Stocking day was either Tuesday or Wednesday, can't remember. But whichever it was the fish we caught had been in the lake for the better part of a week. The fish were pressured by the weekend crowds, for sure. You can catch fish there on weekends, though, you just have to be sure bring your A-game. Light line, no heavier than 4-lb (2-lb is better), small hooks (like a size 10 Owner Mosquito) and a well-presented bait. They say that the battle for tuna is won mostly at the bait tank (it's true). The same can be said about trout: the battle is won and lost at the cup of nightcrawlers (hint).
    Don't give up on 'em, they're out there and they will reward the effort.

3 of us were at that tournament, I tried damn near everything. 30 jig colors, 20 worms and my brother got an 11lber on a glow worm with green garlic pb lol.