Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/24 slayage with ddoskocil

Default 12/24 slayage with ddoskocil

ddoskocil joined me on the boat for a morning session. Basically we just trolled the east end. Nothing new or special but we hammered them. One after another and they were good size fish. I had 2 break me off. The bite was on but only lasted a bit over an hour. Here's a pic of Darren with an average fish... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1224030652.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	43097

Awesome day for me. Only trolled a handful of times, Pat had it dialed in. Troll bite was better than the live shad guys bite! 10 fish in an hour, 3 home for ceviche, grill, and tacos! Thanks again Pat! Gonna try to put my Dad and kids on the bite tomorrow! Merry Xmas everyone!

Great job Patrick ,two of my students from last year killed the crap out of them two days in a row I'm typing on my new iPad my son Patrick got me I'm coming down there. Before the fun is over ,but first I have to spend my bass pro gift cards

Is that the east end off of ramp 1 or 2.

Ramp one is the hot ticket right now

Launch ramp 1. I didn't go today because of the wind forecast for today, but definitely going Friday!

This is true. I have visited ramp #2 area every trip and caught maybe 3 stripers there in the last two months. It's a striper ghost town.

I fished the east end, ramp #1, on Thursday. Threw nothing but 4" white swim baits. Had 2, a 7# and a 4.5#, in the boat by 7:00. Then they shut down. I ran over to the #2 ramp for nothing. I was off the water by 11:00.

Today, had 4 short bites, 1 hookup, but no fish landed. Very small early window.

Sounds like pretty typical skinner striper, but man, those are some great numbers! Early troll gets the taco meat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast