Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: nightfishing da wood

Default nightfishing da wood

Planning on a night session at the wood and was curious of any good spots from shoreline. Dont mind a hike down assuming the gate will be closed a couple hours after dusk. Can't decide on the highway side or the ohv road off the damn. Any suggestions would help greatly. Also I'm not opposed to bait suggestions seeing how I normally use crawlers and chovies and hardly mustard a bite. Thanks in advance

I used to hike in from the highway, used crawlers on a split shot and chovies. Cast out the crawler and let it sink for about a 10 count then slowly reel it in. Worked for me, also got bit fly lining small flukes on top.

With the small (tiny flukes) you can use a clear bubble like you do when working a fly with spinning gear, just fill the bubble half way or so and you have weight to get it out. That rig has been murdering the schoolies and still is, nothing big though things are small this year from a schoolie standpoint.

Carefull were you park. Idiots are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Carefull were you park. Idiots are out there.
    There is no shortage of idiots anywhere.

Thanks for the information guys. A new best would be nice but id be happy with a fish stick lol,,,,,one question, with the flukes you mentioned "small". I see they come in 3.5'', 4'', 5'' or 7''. Im guessing either the 3.5'' or 4'' right? Also, what color would you recommend and what style of hook to rig. Thank you FNN.

Merry Xmas and safe holidays everybody

^^ You may consider the donkey rig with or without the bubble. It's a twin fluke rig tied with a long length dropper leader, like the dropper loop you use off a half day boat.