Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fri & Sat 13/14 kayak fishing

Default Fri & Sat 13/14 kayak fishing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small387.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	43080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small388.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	43081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small390.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	43082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small393.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	43083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small394.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	43084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small396.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	43085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small398.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	43086
    Launched from ramp two both days around 8am. Both days were pretty much identical. My mornings were dead, no bites, I have been trying to find some good deep water spots but no luck so far. I know guys dont like to give up too much info but any tips on spots on that side of the lake will be appreciated. Once the sun warmed up the shorelines and I saw the water temp hit 60, i started hitting the shallow bite. I found a couple of packs both days, catching a handful of small/med bass, all on soft plastics, senkos worked best. I still havent been able to pop my striper cherry, so any help in that department will be helpful too, thanks for reading my post. See you guys on the water.

I didnt post this picture before, but i got this catfish on a crankbait 2 weeks ago. This is the second big cat that I have caught on a crankbait, this one weighed 12lbs.

Name:	small331.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	43087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small334.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	43088

Quote Originally Posted by elbowlayer View Post

Name:	small387.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	43080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small388.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	43081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small390.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	43082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small393.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	43083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small394.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	43084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small396.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	43085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small398.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	43086
    Launched from ramp two both days around 8am. Both days were pretty much identical. My mornings were dead, no bites, I have been trying to find some good deep water spots but no luck so far. I know guys dont like to give up too much info but any tips on spots on that side of the lake will be appreciated. Once the sun warmed up the shorelines and I saw the water temp hit 60, i started hitting the shallow bite. I found a couple of packs both days, catching a handful of small/med bass, all on soft plastics, senkos worked best. I still havent been able to pop my striper cherry, so any help in that department will be helpful too, thanks for reading my post. See you guys on the water.

I didnt post this picture before, but i got this catfish on a crankbait 2 weeks ago. This is the second big cat that I have caught on a crankbait, this one weighed 12lbs.

Name:	small331.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	43087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small334.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	43088
    see any birds working? looks like you fish mostly around ramp 2 area. best advice for stripers is get there at 6. by 8 when you launch, especially if its a clear sunny day, any surface action is usually over by then.

I agree with Kaiyasdad. At 8.00AM the morning bite is just about over, unless you can catch shad in a "dip net" and fish a little deeper. If you get there and on the water by 6:15 or so, throw top water or white 4" swim baits and your Striper cherry will be broken.
    Good Luck

Nice, thanks guys, the only reason I havent gotten there earlier is the cold. I will get out there early on Friday. It seems most striper guys hit the launch ramp 1 side for striper. I try to stay on the other side with less traffic, last time I fished the other side some aholes throttled their boat full speed by my kayak, creating some big wakes I'm stuck trying to paddle through.

Yah man, get thee to ramp 1 and launch there. Troll a fluke up into the east end and hang on! Well, for the first hour or so. What color is your Yak?

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Yah man, get thee to ramp 1 and launch there. Troll a fluke up into the east end and hang on! Well, for the first hour or so. What color is your Yak?
    Thanks P.A.W, I have a red kayak, with a bunch of stickers on it. Im going to give it a shot on friday, if you see me out there say HI

I agree with everyone else, Go to ramp 1 before 7-8am and youll get some stripers. I think i saw you on friday! i was pulling up to ramp 2 when you were launching

Quote Originally Posted by allIdoIsfish View Post
    I agree with everyone else, Go to ramp 1 before 7-8am and youll get some stripers. I think i saw you on friday! i was pulling up to ramp 2 when you were launching
    Thanks allidolsfish, it was probably me launching on Friday, I didn't see anyone else in a kayak all day. If your going out there again on Friday, maybe I'll see you again. I bought the annual pass and boat launch pass, so I'll be there pretty much every weekend.

Actually I was just thinking about it, if anyone wants to go in and lauch a boat and you want a fishing buddy, hit me up. I live pretty close to the lake and my pass works on any vehicle and boat I'm traveling in, you could save parking and launch expenses

Quote Originally Posted by elbowlayer View Post
    Actually I was just thinking about it, if anyone wants to go in and lauch a boat and you want a fishing buddy, hit me up. I live pretty close to the lake and my pass works on any vehicle and boat I'm traveling in, you could save parking and launch expenses
    how much is the annual pass with boat launch? im going tomorrow and will let you know how the fishing was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast