Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Depth Contours, Free

Default Lake Depth Contours, Free

I have been looking since forever for a website that would show lake underwater elevations. I finally found it and thought I would share it.

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

The little speaker looking thing in the left will give lakes more detail. Its some product they sell called Sonar Charts, basically people record their fishfinder depth readings and locations, and then share them with the Navionics and everyone else.

Sorry if you all already knew about it.

That site is awesome, forget about the lakes, lol. Never really studied the spots I fish in the port, SP, PV except on standard charts, FF, and my Garmin gps.
    I think I'll jack your link and take it over to the SW board. Thanks, DR

Thanks for this fantastic site Rabbito! It's better than anything I've found...

That's great! Thanks.

Thanks I like it!

Hey thanks Rabbito. I've checked out my favorite- Lake Perris, and if you zoom all the way down, you can find changes in the bottom contours that show me why the fish were in that particular place. I wish the contour lines were in 5 foot intervals though, but it still is very nicel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbito View Post
    I have been looking since forever for a website that would show lake underwater elevations. I finally found it and thought I would share it.

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

The little speaker looking thing in the left will give lakes more detail. Its some product they sell called Sonar Charts, basically people record their fishfinder depth readings and locations, and then share them with the Navionics and everyone else.

Sorry if you all already knew about it.
    Thanks so much for this! I've been searching for something like this for a long time!

WOW, its crazy to look up your favorite spots where you catch fish, and see why they all ways seem to be there. I can see a specific area where i fish often and always seem to do better on a particular section of, and now i know why. very useful for ocean and lake anglers alike.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    WOW, its crazy to look up your favorite spots where you catch fish, and see why they all ways seem to be there. I can see a specific area where i fish often and always seem to do better on a particular section of, and now i know why. very useful for ocean and lake anglers alike.
    I just came back to your post so that i could use the link to check out some off shore spots.

While I was there I realized that they have an Android app. So far it works well. I had to pay $10 for USA maps. I guess that's not to bad.

I can't make it work. Is there a place with instructions?

THANKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast