Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Swimbait repair help

Default Swimbait repair help

Hey guys I have a Huddleston and a savage that are pretty jacked up. The hudd has an old paint job and no paint on the eyes is there anything I can do to fix it? And the savage is in good condition except the hook is very dull and the eyelet where you tie your line to us broken.
    I would imagine that there is nothing I can do to fix them but maybe you guys have some ideas. Thanks for your help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	43026

Views:	199 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	43027

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    Hey guys I have a Huddleston and a savage that are pretty jacked up. The hudd has an old paint job and no paint on the eyes is there anything I can do to fix it? And the savage is in good condition except the hook is very dull and the eyelet where you tie your line to us broken.
    I would imagine that there is nothing I can do to fix them but maybe you guys have some ideas. Thanks for your help

Views:	188 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	43026

Views:	199 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	43027
    Might be able to solder the eyelets

I wouldn't worry about the Huddleston. I've caught fish on Huddlestons with blacked out eyes but if you have more confidence in the bait with painted eyes then get yourself a silver sharpie. Leave the center of the eye black and trace around the outer eye with the sharpie.. Or you can also trim down the eyes with a razor blade on each side to make a nice flat surface where the eyes are then super glue on 3-D eyes.

I would cut the eyes off the Savage Gear Trout and super glue them on the hud then throw the Savage away. You can buy a new one for under $15 it's not even worth your time trying to repair it and if you do it's never going to be right.

If you must salvage the Savage you could drill a hole in it from the top of the nose down through the body. Cut to size a red coffee straw and insert it in to the line through hole then super glue in to place. This will convert the lure in to a line through swim bait. Sharpen the top hook, slide your line through the straw and tie off to the ring on the bottom . It should work but again it would be unlikely that it would ever perform as it did when it was new.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 12-31-2013 at 10:49 PM.