Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Where would you go?

Default Where would you go?

Spring break is right around the corner (next week)- and I haven't been on a "great adventure" since my breast cancer treatments/surgeries; I'm finally cleared to go fishing AND off roading. Hip hip hooray! Life is good!!! Finally! Getting back to the things I love!

I think I have 4lb line on my reels?

What lake/river would you hit up? I think 4 hours of driving is my limit- and I'm good with an overnighter.
    What do you think? Where would you go?

Karyn I would make a trip up the Owens Valley to Bishop. The Upper Owens river, Pleasant Valley Reservoir and the Lower Owens River are all fishing very good right now. Check out the report here: http://sierradrifters.com/
    And if you want a trip of a lifetime use guide Phil Therrien and do a drift boat on the Lower Owens.

KARYN!!!!!!! I'm so glad to see you back. If you wanna fish hit me up and we can do Perris or DVL or Skinner if you want. ;-)

Eastern Sierras no doubt!

Karyn, so glad to see you progressing well with your recovery. I sincerely hope this is all behind you and you never have to look back on this I'm sure terrifying chapter of your life. You go girl!

As for where you should go? If it was me, I would be heading for Havasu. Good things happening out there at this time of year if you seek LMB's, SMB's, Cats or Panfish. And the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Festival is I believe April 4th-6th with the Bass Pro Open Bass tournament on the 5th and 6th. Big time fun.

If you seek a little more mellowness, peace and tranquility, then I'd head to the Eastern Sierras for sure. Might be a bit cold though. I hope you have fun in whichever you chose, it's well deserved Karyn...

Nice to hear from you and HURRAH !!!

Thanks guys for the cheer-on :) I'm looking forward to getting my line wet and catching some fish! I'm going to figure this out- and pick a place and just GO. I might go up to Bishop area or near Solvang to Lake Cachuma or if Southerland is open, I might go there. I just have to flip my penny and see where it lands.

I've never been to Havasu. That sounds like fun too.

It's all good :) life is truly awesome! Thanks guys.

the pvr its really great fishing and really easy access,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,