Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Wins Suit Over Hatchery Fish Plants

Default California Wins Suit Over Hatchery Fish Plants

SACRAMENTO -- A U.S. District Court judge in Northern California has dismissed a lawsuit that challenged the legality of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s stocking of hatchery-raised fish into lakes and rivers statewide.

“In an era in which some prefer to litigate instead of pursue decision-making through the public process, I’m encouraged by this legal victory,” said California Department of Fish and Wildlife director Charlton H. Bonham, in a statement issued after Judge William Orrick of the U.S. District Court, Northern District dismissed the case.

“Though we expect an appeal that could jeopardize our legacy statewide fish stocking program, it’s a big win for today,” Bonham said.

The court found that the Department of Fish and Game’s practice of stocking fish into lakes in California does not amount to adding a pollutant to the water in violation of the Clean Water Act, as alleged by two nongovernmental organizations -- one from Montana and one from Oregon.

Good news indeed. But these lunatics will just keep on filing them...

They should make the clowns who brought the suits pay court costs and damages.

I blame the wierdo parents who never took these lame people outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    They should make the clowns who brought the suits pay court costs and damages.
    That's smaller and less fish for lakes like GVL, LG, and my local city park lakes due to the damn lawsuits.

Groups from Oregon and Montana want to stop trout stocks in California?
    Are they doing the same in their states? Why here and not there?
    Ban fishing in California, while stimulating the fishing industries in Oregon and Montana? Is it their plan to get us to fish in Oregon and Montana more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Trial and Error View Post
    Ban fishing in California, while stimulating the fishing industries in Oregon and Montana? Is it their plan to get us to fish in Oregon and Montana more often?
    I think I can answer one of those questions. California is the most likely of states to start at when you want to pass insane tree hugger regulations. They figure if they can win anywhere it's here and once they win here they have a precedent to go to try and win somewhere else.

Does anyone know if this has to do with the same suit as the endangered species act that halted the stocking of such local streams as Frenchman's Flat, Big Rock Creek, San Gabriel River, etc. etc? Also, will this allow the DFW to stock diploid trout once again?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I blame the wierdo parents who never took these lame people outdoors
    That was funny as hell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trial and Error View Post
    The company I work for has lawyers from New Mexico. I wonder if these groups did the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast