Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Cahuilla

Default Lake Cahuilla

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cahuilla 11lbs 12-11-13 1p-330p.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	43002I worked half a day so I headed out to Lake Cahuilla for the afternoon. I got there at 1PM. First headed to the canal inlet area but no action so I made the move to the outlet. Bunch of anglers as usual at this location. I managed to squeeze in on a open spot. I started drop shotting orange berkley trout worm a bam a two pounder. Another one(2lb) on orange mice tail C-riged jigging it back. I took two more with mini jiging green lip ripper. Ended up with limits by 3:30PM with a 11lb stringer. This is probably the heaviest stringer i have taken out of Cahuilla.
    Last edited by shiromaguro88; 12-12-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Photo insert

Nice job plus good size fish.

Went back today at 9:30am and hit the inlet side of lake. The place was full of the small state trout.. I must of caught and released around 30 trout mostly the pan size with a few larger 2 lbs mixed in. They were hitting the minijigs natural and yellow and white pattern. You could kill them easy with the drop shotting trout worm in natural and orange color. Those anglers using powerbait seem to have a harder time.

I hit up Cahuilla again on Saturday 4th, after the friday stocking. The trout seemed to be in shock still. I saw plenty of them swimming around but it was hard to get them to bite. I got my limits using drop shot. However, it was hard fishing. My friend was using rooster tails but they showed no interest and could not get them to chase them. He was using mice tails and power bait but got skunked. Its probably better to go back on a week day after they get acclimated.

I had a late start got there at 10 am. I started at inlet side on the beach. U could catch small state stockers all day long using drop shot and minijigs. I managed to get 2 of the larger models (2lbs) .

Got to the lake at noon. Started at the inlet, no action. Moved to outlet side at 1PM. I talked to other anglers but they said it was slow all day. Lucky for me I saw a guy leaving the prized corner spot outlet on south side. Between 2PM-3:30PM I got my limits using minijigs and drop shotting trout worms. Since I got my limits I let some others slide into the corner spot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140119_222307.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	43300 Went there on Saturday it was slow fishing but managed to get 4. I got one 3lb which made my day. I was dropshotting an orange with white head micetail. When I saw a ripple within 5 feet from the shore so i launched my lure to the spot. Then bam the trout hit the micetail like a freight train. I thought it was a large bass at first. The darn fish nearly spooled me. This was biggest trout I pulled out of this lake this season.
    Last edited by shiromaguro88; 01-23-2014 at 12:26 AM.