Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water level

Default Water level

Anyone have luck at the wood recently? I just went today and the water level was lower then I have ever seen it, the bite was not good, not even the dinks were hitting on the super spook jr

Had the same problem on Sunday. Not for sure, but I don't think the water level is the issue as much as the cold snap we've encountered. Hopefully going out on Friday and going after largies.

Topwater spook type bite has slowed way down but you can still get the schoolies sub-surface. Water should be going even lower.

awesome man let me know if you go, i might go give it a shot as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Had the same problem on Sunday. Not for sure, but I don't think the water level is the issue as much as the cold snap we've encountered. Hopefully going out on Friday and going after largies.

wow really? even lower then it already is!
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Topwater spook type bite has slowed way down but you can still get the schoolies sub-surface. Water should be going even lower.

yep...the duct is shutting down for maintenance...

I'd heard on Sunday it was down 5 feet with 15 more feet to go. Gonna be a sight for sure!

Was there 3 days ago and it was pretty good. Water level is down. Just got back tonight and the water level is even lower. The bite is pretty good for dinks if you're throwing scrounger. No luck with the punker.

Last edited by Micropterus salmoides; 12-12-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Forget to add the picture.

I was there everyday from friday till tuesday...caught them everytime just be4 dark..subsurface lure was the ticket...walk the shoreline for lures...my buddy already found 2 deps slide swimmers and bbz

Quote Originally Posted by X_MAN View Post
    I was there everyday from friday till tuesday...caught them everytime just be4 dark..subsurface lure was the ticket...walk the shoreline for lures...my buddy already found 2 deps slide swimmers and bbz
    Loose lips sink ships, now there's going to be a crowd walking the shoreline everyday, lol!

Yup seems a lot of BBZ's have been found but this is the first I'd heard of slide swimmers, although that is the golden egg everybody has been looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast