Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Owens and PVR 2/15-2/17

Default Owens and PVR 2/15-2/17

Went with a bud to the Sierra this past weekend and it was awesome! It's still dry as hell up there and they need snow bad! The storm that passed by the week before did bring some but it's no where near where it should be.

Our goal for this trip is to explore the owens river, lower and mid Owens to be exact, and the upper portion of the PVR. In short, our Owens experience sucks...I manage to pull one out on a firetiger CD3 and my friend got skunk. I blame this on our inexperience with the river and also the fact that we stuck with using only lures and a few flies. We had the crawlers with us, but I want this to be a challenge and a challenge it was. PVR was on fire! We caught them everywhere we stopped. We had at least 40+ fish easily between the two of us. Around 4, I closed the day with my personal best, a 3.5lb (my estimate), that fought valiantly with drag screaming runs and acrobats. Okay, enjoy the pictures...I said enough.

Fish on!

Jake

Morning sunrise

Road on the drive up

The trail attraction

The monster of the trip

Lunch before home (One of the best BBQ joint!)

Thanks for the report. Ill be headed up tomorrow. Also thinking about fishing upper owens for some catch and release action. Heard there as be some big ones moving up

Nicely done! Don't feel bad about the Owens....it's very much hit or miss and it's a lot of water to learn.

Awesome pics, seeing this post gets me fired up because I'll be heading up there for Blake Jones. Hopefully one of us will pull in a beast like the 3.5 lber in your pic. Can't wait! Last year, my buddies and I saw 4 or 5 dead cows along the Owens. Pure nature up there, I love it.