I'm only 1.9% Neanderthal... Gotta admit this is kind of disappointing - I was pretty confident I'd be closer to 10%... but we can’t change who our ancestors were I guess.

Officially, National Geographic says that my profile is "45% Northern European, 38% Mediterranean and 15% South-west Asian," which, in FNN General Discussion parlance would work out to something like 45% regular American, 38% Catholic and 15% terrorist

This profile falls somewhere between what is typical for a person of Danish descent and a person of Iberian (Spanish/Portuguese) descent. So, it would appear that somewhere in the last few centuries a Dane and Spaniard went out for a couple flagons of mead, discovered they liked the same stuff, (pottage and leeks, pitching quoits and occasional bull baiting, etc.) and both seeking to be betrothed, soon settled down to a life in serfdom, eking out a meager existence, narrowly surviving plague and believing that the menstrual cycle was closely linked to witchcraft.

And although this makes me one of maybe five or six members here who do not have native American blood, I still think it's cool.