Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: lake skinner thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by twcthfsh View Post
    Thanks pan, what a bunch of cry babies. Catching a few stripers can be a lot of fun with these baits.
    Let me guess, Pan fisherman as well?

You guys know pan fishing runs deep in my family!

All my little kids are pretty good at it. Whether it be red worms under a bobber or even flylined mini jigs around docks..
    Last edited by cutbait; 12-06-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    That still doesn't answer question .i wasn't questioning other methods or if he raises the price , question is . Is it legal to use thread fin on a guide trip because in reading the rules it seams that it would not be legal because the collection of money . Not looking for opinion just facts ... Anybody know?
    Yes it is legal because T/O shows you how to pick the bait, then you get the net and get to demonstrate what you have learned by catching your own bait on the guidetrip.

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish View Post
    Trout only I and my friends were going to use you as a fishing guide, but now that I see how you are im sorry to say we are going to take our $$$ elsewhere.
    Why you blasting T/O for enlightening people on the law. Take your money elsewhere I am sure you won't be missed as T/O has lots of satisfied returning clients. You just keep trespassing into your city lakes to ninja fish (poach) at night.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus927 View Post
    You can use the sabiki jigs as long as it doesn't exceed 3 hooks and the fish is caught in the mouth and snagged fish has to be let go. Also you can use a minnow trap as long as you don't exceed 3 ft. This is the information i got from calling DFG.
    I once called the DFG and got wrong information. In the 90's I called and asked them if it was legal to walk in a fish OSO pumping plant on the Aqueduct, they said yes if I was walking in. The next day I walked in and fished and ran into the warden. As he was writing the ticket I told him about the information that I got the day before. He called the office and they told him about my call. He then ripped up the ticket and gave me a warning after he chewed the the office guys *** for giving wrong information.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin4runner View Post
    I once called the DFG and got wrong information. In the 90's I called and asked them if it was legal to walk in a fish OSO pumping plant on the Aqueduct, they said yes if I was walking in. The next day I walked in and fished and ran into the warden. As he was writing the ticket I told him about the information that I got the day before. He called the office and they told him about my call. He then ripped up the ticket and gave me a warning after he chewed the the office guys *** for giving wrong information.
    More importantly, how was the fishing at Oso?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    More importantly, how was the fishing at Oso?
    It was great, when the warden pulled up I was reeling in a nice 8lber. and he let me keep it.

Has anyone thought that the whole point of pointing out that the rules may have been broken was to inform and not to indite.

Writing reports on the internet claiming to have caught fish illegally, could be asking for trouble. There was a guy who caught a juvenile great white off of a pier and hauled it up on the beach for some pictures a few years ago, who got in a lot of trouble, because he plastered his picture all over the internet and on the news.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Has anyone thought that the whole point of pointing out that the rules may have been broken was to inform and not to indite.

Writing reports on the internet claiming to have caught fish illegally, could be asking for trouble. There was a guy who caught a juvenile great white off of a pier and hauled it up on the beach for some pictures a few years ago, who got in a lot of trouble, because he plastered his picture all over the internet and on the news.

Just saying.
    X2....If i am doing something illegally while fishing i want to be informed by fellow anglers rather then the warden with a ticket. But some people just can't take constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin4runner View Post
    Yes it is legal because T/O shows you how to pick the bait, then you get the net and get to demonstrate what you have learned by catching your own bait on the guidetrip.
    That sounds like another opinion and a case by case scenario , I doubt it goes down that way every time . It seems t/ o or cut bait who know a lot about fishing don't want to touch on this subject, or their just not sure but if that's the case I wouldn't get on somebody else about the rules of catching and fishing threadfin

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    That sounds like another opinion and a case by case scenario , I doubt it goes down that way every time . It seems t/ o or cut bait who know a lot about fishing don't want to touch on this subject, or their just not sure but if that's the case I wouldn't get on somebody else about the rules of catching and fishing threadfin
    He uses a dip net which is legal, he doesn't sell the fish which is legal, he sells a service that consists of his knowledge and use of his equipment which is legal. And they didn't jump on anybody they just told them what was legal and what wasn't according to the written regulation. But catch the bait how you all want to, if you get a ticket just remember that somebody told you that it was not legal.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345