Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lake skinner thanksgiving

You can use the sabiki jigs as long as it doesn't exceed 3 hooks and the fish is caught in the mouth and snagged fish has to be let go. Also you can use a minnow trap as long as you don't exceed 3 ft. This is the information i got from calling DFG.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus927 View Post
    You can use the sabiki jigs as long as it doesn't exceed 3 hooks and the fish is caught in the mouth and snagged fish has to be let go. Also you can use a minnow trap as long as you don't exceed 3 ft. This is the information i got from calling DFG.
    Interesting????????????????

i just copied this from the the calif dfg rules for 2013-14,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who ever is telling you that other stuff doesnt seem to know the written law in the dfg state rules.............

4.05. BAIT FISH CAPTURE METHODS.
    (a) Approved bait fish may be taken only by hand, with a dip net, or with traps not over three feet in greatest dimension. Such bait fish may not be purchased, bartered, sold, transferred or traded; or transported alive from the location where taken. Any other species taken shall be returned to the water immediately. Traps need not be closely attended. Dip net use: A dip net must be hand held, and the motion of a dip net shall be caused only by the physical effort of the operator. A dip net may not be moved through the water by any mechanical force or motorized device.
    (b) Within the area bounded by Highway 111 on the north and east and Highway 86 on the west and south, approved bait fish may be taken only with dip nets with diagonal mesh size one inch and greater, or by traps in water greater than four feet in depth. Traps may not exceed three feet in greatest dimension. Approved bait fish may not be taken by hand within this area.

I hear, I talked to but if you just READ the regs. it is pretty clear. Which is funny because at times reading regs. is not that clear but on this subject it's pretty damn clear!

But how many times has this one come up? Basically it's a monkey see monkey do deal. No offense to monkey's.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I'd think not. Having gone out with TO his price is the same whether you bring your own rig, use his or any other. Now, if he were to charge you extra for the "special bait" while providing you with shad then there might be a case.
    That still doesn't answer question .i wasn't questioning other methods or if he raises the price , question is . Is it legal to use thread fin on a guide trip because in reading the rules it seams that it would not be legal because the collection of money . Not looking for opinion just facts ... Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I hear, I talked to but if you just READ the regs. it is pretty clear. Which is funny because at times reading regs. is not that clear but on this subject it's pretty damn clear!

But how many times has this one come up? Basically it's a monkey see monkey do deal. No offense to monkey's.
    Hey Seal, let me tell you one of my funny stories about the DFG and written regs. A few years back I started fishing one of the County Regional Park Lakes that was stocked by the DFG. I was fishing for Trout and Catfish using two different poles, when a local showed up and told me this lake was a 1 pole lake only. I thought, "How could this be true!!!!!!!!!" I have a second rod stamp and these were DFG fish in a County Lake. The fisherman said, "IT DOESN'T MATTER" and the Rangers will warn you once and if they catch you twice they could write you a ticket. Me being who I am didn't take that laying down. So I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to plead my case. The nice lady at the DFG office got right on the phone to Sacramento to get clarification on this matter. She came back and told me, "LOCAL JURISDICTION TAKES PRECEDENT OVER DFG REGULATIONS ON CERTAIN BODIES OF WATER." I have no idea what's going on at Lake Skinner, but there could be an exception!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Hey Seal, let me tell you one of my funny stories about the DFG and written regs. A few years back I started fishing one of the County Regional Park Lakes that was stocked by the DFG. I was fishing for Trout and Catfish using two different poles, when a local showed up and told me this lake was a 1 pole lake only. I thought, "How could this be!!!!!!!!!" I have a second rod stamp and these were DFG fish in a County Lake. The fisherman said, "IT DOESN'T MATTER" and the Rangers will warn you once and if they catch you twice they could write you a ticket. Me being who I am didn't take that lying down. So I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to plead my case. The nice lady at the DFG office got right on the phone to Sacramento to get clarification on this matter. She came back and told me, "LOCAL JURISDICTION TAKES PRECEDENT OVER DFG REGULATIONS ON CERTAIN BODIES OF WATER." I have no idea what's going on at Lake Skinner, but there could be an exception!!!!!
    This is 100% true!

8. Default

dude you guys are so lame, mind your own..... nothing against panfishman, you guys are old as **** and you guys are still in competition for catching fish. i feel sorry for you guys.

good catching panfishman!

9. Default

Trout only I and my friends were going to use you as a fishing guide, but now that I see how you are im sorry to say we are going to take our $$$ elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish View Post
    dude you guys are so lame, mind your own..... nothing against panfishman, you guys are old as **** and you guys are still in competition for catching fish. i feel sorry for you guys.

good catching panfishman!
    Oh the irony?

Crying bout minding your own?

Its a bitter pill isn't it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast