Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lake skinner thanksgiving

Default lake skinner thanksgiving

The bite is on at skinner
    Last edited by panfishman; 12-01-2013 at 05:34 PM.

When you use sabikis to snag or get bite by shad its illegal,,,,,,,,,,,,dip nets only ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that was going on down there last year until the dfg showed up and started busting people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by panfishman View Post
    The bite has been on fire at skinner with boils in the morning around the eastend coves with fish in the 5 to 8lb range. I been fishing skinner hard for the last three months now average fish between 5-9lbs on most of my big fish are on white big hammer swimbaits with a red 3/8oz big hammer head. I prefer to get them on the lc pointer its an pricy lure but it does the trick. We started off the morning in the sec cove where I knew the big boys where hanging saw broken up boils but didnt wanna chase them since im in a rental boat im just going to scare the fish anyways lol. Me and my bro made our first cast and boom double hook up to some toads fish probably 6 to 7lb easy. Afterwards the bite died dont so we went to make some bait. Making bait(using sabiki rigs to catch them) after 5 mins or so we went back to the cove we caught our toads from and ended with a limit of fish by 9am we was off the water and at home for some turkey and football games. This is the end of the shad bite fellas due to water getting colder the shad are really moving deeper. Please when you see someone on boils or making bait be considerate to not run over where they are fishing its just fishing ediqquete I dont have a private boat im in a rental that i am paying an arm and a leg for and having guys come into a cove running right over the boils or knowing im making bait and just roll in fast with big motors i dont mind sharing but damn its getting kinda old well heres some average pictures of fish we caught enjoy and get out there. The size sabiki you need is a size 3 hook made by hayabusa hot shot hooks they only want the red beads
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...psf03f9998.jpg
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...psbd558a64.jpg
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps5867779c.jpg
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps0619945d.jpg
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...psd31e7154.jpg
    Heads up, Making bait with sabiki is illegal.

Your trying to share and coming off real cool, but research it by all means don't take our word for it.

Love the striper pics! Skinner looks hot

+1 Man, so many guys out there poaching on illegal bait. from 2 to 5 people per boat and 15 boats..... man there's some DFG revenue right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Heads up, Making bait with sabiki is illegal.

Your trying to share and coming off real cool, but research it by all means don't take our word for it.

Love the striper pics! Skinner looks hot
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 12-01-2013 at 05:13 PM.

You know, the more I thought about it the more I realized how flagrant it has become soooooo I just called the DFG tip line and they will most likely be there this next weekend to end it.

Thats good pat i copied the post and pics and sent an email to the dfg tip line ,ive had it with the poachers,,the fish are biting great theres no need to do that stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,

i just called my buddie warden chang who patrols the water of diamond valley perris and skinner he said as long as its three hooks jigging in the water and the shad is catch in the mouth i can use the bait if its snagged the bait must be released i know about the net situation and i dont poach im a well respected panfishermen anyways thought i share the bite with you fellas

Quote Originally Posted by panfishman View Post
    i just called my buddie warden chang who patrols the water of diamond valley perris and skinner he said as long as its three hooks jigging in the water and the shad is catch in the mouth i can use the bait if its snagged the bait must be released i know about the net situation and i dont poach im a well respected panfishermen anyways thought i share the bite with you fellas
    Well respected panfisherman eh?

all i do is panfishing if u guy say no sabiki and its illegal i will take ur advice im not on this site to be tripping over a little thing like this i dont get worked up over some little stuff ill take ur advice and be on my way thanks for the heads up

Default shad capture

4.05. Bait Fish Capture Methods.
    (a) Approved bait fish may be taken only by hand, with a dip net, or with traps not over three feet in greatest dimension.
    Such bait fish may not be purchased, bartered, sold, transferred or traded; or transported alive from the location where
    taken.
    Any other species taken shall be returned to the water immediately. Traps need not be closely attended. Dip net
    use: A dip net must be hand held, and the motion of a dip net shall be caused only by the physical effort of the operator.
    A dip net may not be moved through the water by any mechanical force or motorized device.
    (b) Within the area bounded by Highway 111 on the north and east and Highway 86 on the west and south, approved
    bait fish may be taken only with dip nets with diagonal mesh size one inch and greater, or by traps in water greater than
    four feet in depth. Traps may not exceed three feet in greatest dimension. Approved bait fish may not be taken by hand
    within this area.
    4.10. Bait Fish Use in the Southern District.
    Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:
    (a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
    (b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
    (c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast