Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Late late Report over CottonWood Pass to Lower Soldier Lake

Default The Late late Report over CottonWood Pass to Lower Soldier Lake

Well this trip was taken in Mid July, hence the Late Late thing. Thanks to all of you that helped me scope this trip out. I had planned it with four buddies who over the months prior to the trip had to bow out. Soooo.....i went solo. It was way worth it.

Geared up and headed out!

The Scenery was amazing! (obviously)

Campsite and Breakfast at Lower Soldier

Most importantly the fish!

Ohh...i also summited Mt. Langley. Awesome! I have never been so humbled, i was shuffling and was getting out of breath.

This will be remembered as a great trip full of firsts! First Solo trip, First day of multiple Goldens, and First Summit of a 14'r.

A great trip!

<><
    KP

Awesome job man!

Wow! awesome.

Kudos to you for making the trip by yourself and accomplishing so much.

thats awesome those fish are only a dream for me as i would never be able to get my *** up there lol

Awesome ! Welcome to a great addiction. Altitude.

That is quite an accomplishment....more so as a solo trip.

Photo tip...the fish photograph very well while still in the water. They look natural and the light sparkles off of their skin like diamonds. It's a lot easier on the fish as well.

Nice pics, nice trip. Thanks for sharing.

Some of my best BP trips were the solo ones. Go where-ever you want. Get up when-ever you want. Fishing how-ever late you want. Go home when-ever you want. Eat and drink what-ever you want. The best part: pack for yourself only.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    That is quite an accomplishment....more so as a solo trip.

Photo tip...the fish photograph very well while still in the water. They look natural and the light sparkles off of their skin like diamonds. It's a lot easier on the fish as well.
    I will do that next time. It is tough trying to take a pic all by yourself. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflyforcarp View Post
    Nice pics, nice trip. Thanks for sharing.

Some of my best BP trips were the solo ones. Go where-ever you want. Get up when-ever you want. Fishing how-ever late you want. Go home when-ever you want. Eat and drink what-ever you want. The best part: pack for yourself only.
    Seconded!!! Solos are great for the soul.

I see you were able to bag some goldens after all. Don't know which is cooler....multiple goldens, the elusive sheep or rubbing noses with and conquering a 14'r.

Congrats KP on a great trip full of accomplishments...is that a fire pit in the "cup of joe" pic? Looks like it was an inferno haha

Thanks for taking us along
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast