Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: "New guy" here, question for SD anglers!

Default "New guy" here, question for SD anglers!

I'm heading out to San Diego this weekend and would like to know what LC lure is most effective for you! Thank y'all, glad to have finally posted here, been a Long time reader ha ha.

Greetings Anti.

I am not a San Diego regular, but I have fished there a few times with success. The answer to your question comes three fold:

1. The LC FM110 is a crankbait. Therefore, it stands to reason that the action will attract the fish moreso than the color or the schemes. Having said that, I posed this very question to my fellow S.W.A.T. members a few times and got pretty much the same answer. Simply put, any LC will work.

2. Notwithstanding the above answer, throw a color/pattern that you are confident in. Yes, confidence is the ultimate hard bait for surf fishing ingredient. I throw the MS Anchovy with a great deal of confidence, but lost my last one (and 4th MS anchovy of the year) last month. So, I have been using the limited edition S.W.A.T. series Electric Grunion pattern lately. If you read any of my posts, you will see the pictures of how messed up it is now. Hardly any paint on it at all and it still catches.

3. Throwing all of the logic and experience above out the window, my third answer is....use the prettiest one that you have. I am a sucker for flashy and bright colored things. Hence, I will often throw out gold colored, orange and pink colored, striped, spotted LC's at a whim.

Reading back on my answers to you, they seem pretty useless, but those are my honest responses. Lastly, I used to play "match the hatch" quite often. Meaning, if I saw bait fish, I would throw whatever LC pattern that matched it. It works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. Cannot honestly say that I am a fan of this method.

Just throw what you got!

Skunked4life, aka Corporal Croaker, aka Ken

Thanks skunked4life ha ha, I'll go with the throw what you got! If all else fails I can throw out that sand worm!