Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Lakers OFFICIAL '13-'14 SEASON Thread Brought to you by the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    Wait a minute, CP3 is only 28. CP3 doesn't have knee problems, he is not Andrew Bynum. If he plays till 35, there be at very least be 3 championships hanging in Staples. Don't forget about Blake Griffen. BG and CP3 statues will be outside the Staples center within the next 20 years. Now, how are the Lakers going to compete with 35/36 year old Koby? He's going to be gone in 2 years. He takes up more than 40% of the Laker salary cap. With a salary cap in place, all teams have even even level playing field. You can pay the luxury taxes, but how many teams are willing to do that? Even if you did, you might end up like the Nets.

No superstar is ever going to play with Kobe. D12 is a great example. Melo just needs the right pieces around him. If he had a nice PG like CP3 and a shooters to space the floor...Too bad the lakers have neither.

You don't think the Clippers are contenders? You got to be kidding me.
    Clippers haven't even sniffed the NBA Finals and now u are ordering 3 banners and statues for BG and CP3 in the future...lmao

-brian

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Clippers haven't even sniffed the NBA Finals and now u are ordering 3 banners and statues for BG and CP3 in the future...lmao

-brian
    I'm talking about the future. You bet Clipper management is already drawing up the parade routine and drafting ring designs. 1 Pacific Division champ banner under our belt. NEW ERA.

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    1 Pacific Division champ banner under our belt.
    Exactly! And not even a Western Conference Champions banner...LMAO!!! Playoff bound yes but still not a championship caliber team.

http://youtu.be/Bmap4-FdzMA

http://youtu.be/WFnla3T_kDE

i'm a life long clippers fan. i've been going to their games since i was 8 years old. i've been playing and watching the game since 4. while i don't like the lakers or many their fans much, kobe deserved an extension and all the money he got. he's made that franchise a whole lot of money and brought them a lot of success. no rings without shaq, pau or ron ron though... its kinda nice to see that there's still loyalty in sports. boston blew up there championship roster to rebuild, super stars are teaming up to manufacture championships. coaches are getting canned left and right. there's hardly any continuity or loyalty left...

not all clippers fan are bandwagon fans. i'd say there are more lakers bandwagon fans. they want to like what everyone else likes. they're afraid to go against the grain and be different. a lot of my friends that are lakers fans agree... i do respect the lakers for all their success. respecting your opponents was a very important lesson i've learned from a lifetime of sports. i've run into too many lakers fans with the gang mentality... its ridiculous... these tough guys had nothing to do with the lakers other than having a bro crush on kobe... he's good and plays with sick style, but he's no MJ.

the clips are turning things around. it started with signing baron davis (LA native and former bruin) just too bad that didn't work out. blake brought excitement, but i'd like to see him get traded for kevin love. cp3 is the whole damn team and its tough for a 6 foot tall point guard to lead a team deep into the playoffs when you gotta face guys like KD, westbrook, the big fundamental and complete teams like memphis and golden state... they're making strides and moving forward, but the west is too talented and deep. not to mention a likely finals opponent in lebron or maybe even paul george.

anyway... good for kobe and good luck to the lakers. while LA will probably always be a lakers town, the clippers are running the show now and will for the next few years. they'll hang a banner or two and i'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    Exactly! And not even a Western Conference Champions banner...LMAO!!! Playoff bound yes but still not a championship caliber team.

http://youtu.be/Bmap4-FdzMA

http://youtu.be/WFnla3T_kDE
    LOL, I can't believe you listen to Barkley. He gets paid to entertain. You might as well listen Skip Bayless and Chris Chase. Sure Blake is a great dunker. It's just one part of his game. His mid range job shot is there, free throws are better, the guy can rebound and has a low post game. Just look at his numbers for proof. Just look at how long he's been in the league. How long did it take Karl Malone to be the mailman? Give it time and Jack will be sitting next to Billy Crystal at Clipper games. Don't worry, Lakers can have the Kardasins, Bieber and Lil Wayne.

You have to love Lob City http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzxFJa6rfsg

I hear the laker wagon needs new shocks from how many people are jumping off.

;-)

“People think it’s so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” Love told GQ Magazine. “And I’m not shi†ting on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I’m having fun.”

Well, there goes that acquisition.

But that's all good. We still have Kobe Bryant!

My first 2 Laker tickets just fell into my lap. I've never been to Staples Center and I'm going tonight!!! BUT......

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN OR TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a crappy dilemma :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN OR TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You should be rooting for a ceiling tile to hit Jim Buss in the dome.

Why root for them to tank? You seriously think Short Buss is gonna make a wise decision if he's even handed a high draft pick? He'll probably trade it off for a 3rd round pick, then sign Kobe for another 2 year extension.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast