Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Lakers OFFICIAL '13-'14 SEASON Thread Brought to you by the Clippers

Default LA Lakers OFFICIAL '13-'14 SEASON Thread Brought to you by the Clippers

Now that Ko-Me Bryant is coming back, the Laker season can officially begin, and people can stop watching the Clippers and come out of hiding.

I was offended when I heard someone utter this phrase after the two year extension was made public:

"Laker fans would rather lose with Kobe, than win without him."

What you say?

Official Links

NBA.com
    Lakers.com
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Printable 2013/2014 Schedule PDF
    News and Updates

Yahoo! Sports
    ESPN
    CBS/KCAL
    LA Times
    Sports Illustrated
    Fox Sports

Twitter

Steve Blake · Jordan Farmar
    Jodie Meeks · Jordan Hill
    Nick Young · Ryan Kelly
    Wesley Johnson · Robert Sacre
    Kurt Rambis · James Worthy
    Jeanie Buss · Phil Jackson
    Mike Trudell

Great to see Kobe end his career as a Laker. I say....Those who uttered those words of wisdom (as you noted) shall have their wish granted! Since it is apparent that there is no chance in HE$$ that LBJ would be coming to LAL, they signed the Black Mamba. This will result in looking to acquire far lesser talent than LBJ.

IMO....As long as they stay healthy and avoid injuries, the Heat can not be stopped. As difficult as it is to imagine, LBJ is playing better this year than he did last year! Something like high 50%ile from the field!!

Lakers more than likely will not make the playoffs. If they just happen to grab the 7th or 8th seat, gone in the first round. Koby, Nash and Kman are injury prone. I say tank the season and try to get Andrew Wiggins or Jabri Parker. Lakers will not be a contender for years to come. On another note, why don't the Lakers just get their own stadium? Seems like the reason why people watch basketball in Socal is because of the Clippers. Clippers should be covering up those statues in front of Staples.

Guarantee Koby will get injured again as long as he's wearing low top shoes.

Why don't the Lakers move to Anaheim? They can play in the Honda Center.

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    Lakers more than likely will not make the playoffs. If they just happen to grab the 7th or 8th seat, gone in the first round. Koby, Nash and Kman are injury prone. I say tank the season and try to get Andrew Wiggins or Jabri Parker. Lakers will not be a contender for years to come. On another note, why don't the Lakers just get their own stadium? Seems like the reason why people watch basketball in Socal is because of the Clippers. Clippers should be covering up those statues in front of Staples.

Guarantee Koby will get injured again as long as he's wearing low top shoes.

Why don't the Lakers move to Anaheim? They can play in the Honda Center.
    Number one. Why does everyone think the lakers are trying to win a championship this year. I thought it was apparent that we were looking toward this coming free agency period. Secondly L.A. will always be laker town. Chris paul is the best point guard in the league, and aging, and probably won't make it past age 35 or 36 playing in the league on a knee with next to know cartlidge, then the clippers will be back to being irrelevant and it will be laker town again, but tbh the clippers don't really look like a contender right now anyway, they looked like a slightly better coached version of last year. Thirdly, wiggins is a beast, but right now I'll take parker over him any day in the draft. And lastly, anyone who believes lebron is going to L.A. has not watched basketball for any meaningful amount of time, and should drop the rediculous notion right now. The dude has two rings in miami, and quite frankly cares about nothing else except for having a legacy. One which will be tainted going to a third team for no apparent reason. And as a side note, the lakers should not go after melo. he is a non defense playing, knuckleheaded, chucker! Plain and simple. The dude couldn't win squat except for a scoring title on new york, why would he do anything on the lakers where he'd be number 2 to kobe. Melo i might add is also the same guy who is rumored to also not shoot off screens when wide open because he believes he can make the shot with a defender in his face. So yeah, we want him because?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Number one. Why does everyone think the lakers are trying to win a championship this year. I thought it was apparent that we were looking toward this coming free agency period. Secondly L.A. will always be laker town. Chris paul is the best point guard in the league, and aging, and probably won't make it past age 35 or 36 playing in the league on a knee with next to know cartlidge, then the clippers will be back to being irrelevant and it will be laker town again, but tbh the clippers don't really look like a contender right now anyway, they looked like a slightly better coached version of last year. Thirdly, wiggins is a beast, but right now I'll take parker over him any day in the draft. And lastly, anyone who believes lebron is going to L.A. has not watched basketball for any meaningful amount of time, and should drop the rediculous notion right now. The dude has two rings in miami, and quite frankly cares about nothing else except for having a legacy. One which will be tainted going to a third team for no apparent reason. And as a side note, the lakers should not go after melo. he is a non defense playing, knuckleheaded, chucker! Plain and simple. The dude couldn't win squat except for a scoring title on new york, why would he do anything on the lakers where he'd be number 2 to kobe. Melo i might add is also the same guy who is rumored to also not shoot off screens when wide open because he believes he can make the shot with a defender in his face. So yeah, we want him because?
    Wait a minute, CP3 is only 28. CP3 doesn't have knee problems, he is not Andrew Bynum. If he plays till 35, there be at very least be 3 championships hanging in Staples. Don't forget about Blake Griffen. BG and CP3 statues will be outside the Staples center within the next 20 years. Now, how are the Lakers going to compete with 35/36 year old Koby? He's going to be gone in 2 years. He takes up more than 40% of the Laker salary cap. With a salary cap in place, all teams have even even level playing field. You can pay the luxury taxes, but how many teams are willing to do that? Even if you did, you might end up like the Nets.

No superstar is ever going to play with Kobe. D12 is a great example. Melo just needs the right pieces around him. If he had a nice PG like CP3 and a shooters to space the floor...Too bad the lakers have neither.

You don't think the Clippers are contenders? You got to be kidding me.

...why don't the Lakers just get their own stadium?
    REALLY? Have you even been inside of the Staples Center and looked up at the rafters? Last time I was there I don't recall seeing not one championship banner by the Clippers. You bandwagon Clipper fans crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    ...there is no chance in HE$$ that LBJ would be coming to LAL...

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    REALLY? Have you even been inside of the Staples Center and looked up at the rafters? Last time I was there I don't recall seeing not one championship banner by the Clippers. You bandwagon Clipper fans crack me up.
    We live in a new era. Those banners don't mean anything. You can no longer buy championships thanks to the salary cap ;)
    Those banners mean the same as Barry Bonds getting in the Hall of Fame.

Those banners don't mean anything.
    So you're saying championships won by Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, the Showtime Era and even Bill Russel and the Boston Celtics don't mean anything? How about the 6 rings that Michael Jordan has? Like the saying goes...haters gonna hate!

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    So you're saying championships won by Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, the Showtime Era and even Bill Russel and the Boston Celtics don't mean anything? How about the 6 rings that Michael Jordan has? Like the saying goes...haters gonna hate!
    Exactly. If Wizards, Bucks and Bobcats were able to pay top players when there was no salary cap, they would have multiple championships. Those rings Jordan has doesn't count either. Like I said, it's a new era.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast