Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Troutsgiving Report

Default Troutsgiving Report

Wow pretty much sums up the day, First off a special thanks to TaperSteve for the invite, also BB Custom Rods & Team 57 for putting on such a great event.
    Thanks also goes out to all the sponsors and people who donated generous prizes.
    The wife, daughter and I made it to the lot at 6:30 one car ahead of us, we quickly picked up some worms paid the entries and off we go to the west shore.
    To my surprise the road was closed due to the mud, so I keep my plan and we start walking. The spot I had wanted to fish from was taken so we found room nearby.
    We threw out all our lines with P/B and Create a bait we mixes the night before. Its seemed like all the fish were right at the buoy line because the boat guys had a steady bite going. After about an hour we notice the spot I wanted was now vacant, so we move over. Within an hour my daughter picks up her first, then her second. My wife also gets in on the action and picks one up.
    I still had no fish but I was enjoying being the net guy.
    As I am relaxing looking out at the water I notice some water movement then a few feet down I see a huge splash. I quickly bring in a line and look to see what I have to tie on. I picked the super dupper that I almost didn’t bring. On the third cast I feel some weight. My first thought was “ I’m snagged”, But then it takes off and the fight is on.
    I yell for the net as the fight goes back and forth. When I see the fish I saw its size and loosened up the drag just a bit, so off it goes again. I get it close again, my wife goes to net it, but it sees her and takes another run. My wife told me she wasn’t getting blamed for letting this one get away and she steps in the water to try and get a good angle at it. Then a neighbor comes over with a longer net and between both of them we bring it in. We took some quick pictures and off I go to the scale. I was stoked, heck I was shaking this is the biggest fish I have landed.
    It weighed in at 10.6 lbs. Wow what a feeling. I go back out but that was the only fish I caught and all I needed. My daughter ended up with her limit and the wife ended up with two.
    We packed up at 1:30 so my girls could weigh their fish. My doughter got a kids blind boogie prize as ALL the kids, that was awesome .
    On the general raffle there were so many good prizes, my wife won a pink BB rod she was thrilled, now I gotta get her a matching reel. Then it was time for the big fish prize. I actually won, I’m gonna be riding high on this win for a while.We stuck around a bit after for the piñata, that was a really nice perk for the kids. Team 57 is a great bunch.
    Only bad thing that day was that I forgot to pick up my lunker pin.
    I think I might make it out for the turkey shootout. Last two outings have been winning trips.
    My daughter won the create a bait tournament and I won troutsgiving, maybe we stay hot.
    Tight line see you out there……….
    Thanks for reading.

Glad to hear you and the family had a great time! I had my daughters birthday party so I couldn't make it but I knew the rest of my Team 57 crew would put on a great event. Top that with the top notch Irvine lake staff and some great sponsors and it was sure to be a spectacular day. Congrats on the 1st place finish! Nice fish!!!
    Thanks for the report and pics.

Wow, What a great report... Double D and 1st place... Congrats and hope 2 cya out there Saturday!

Congrats on the DD trout and glad your Family enjoyed the event.

That's a beauty. Sounds like the family had a good time

nice job getting the family on some fish. very happy to hear you guys had a great time.

I love your story to death! I got skunked but only participated in a side bet with my buddy for a choice bottle of gin from total wine. Rogue spruce gin is nice even when you paid. Congrats on an incredible experience, for your daughter's limit, qnd for putting it down as the famly "guide". Very very great. I hope youbhad a great thanksgiving as well sir!