Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: "Trout"sgiving! 2013 - Recap

Default "Trout"sgiving! 2013 - Recap

Friday evening about 4pm, painted red hill, a good sign that the weather was clearing and the dirt roads would dry-out.

As soon as the sun went down Team 57 chef "Bobber Boy" cooking his Baconator!

"Thisfool" salivating over his slice of Baconator!

Kids of Team 57 by the campfire!

Adults of Team 57 by the campfire!

"Josh" brought some of his Wife's famous pineapple upside-down cake!

I got a late start so I missed the sunrise picture but here's some nice photos I shot shortly after leaving the dock!

60f at 8am!

"Thisfool" on his toob!

I happened to be up at the tackle shop when this big fish hit the scale at over 10lbs!

After the weigh-ins where over we started out by awarding 10 blind bogey kids prizes!

For the adults we gave out 12 blind bogey grab bags filled with random stuff from our sponsors including, Irvine Lake free gate admission passes, KFGS Fishing $57 dollar special discounted guide trips, Western Outdoor News year subscription, Fool's Bait Co. Products, Trout King products, stickers, and more. Each blind bogey winner was called up one by one to choose their bag randomly....

"Trout"sgiving! 2013 Kid's Smallest Fish.... "Frenchie"

"Trout"sgiving! 2013 Kid's Biggest Fish!

"Trout"sgiving! 2013 Adult Big Fish Champion & Runner-up and also top 5 in the side-pot including "Prowler_Tuber"!

Winner of the home theatre system raffle! LOS ANGLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A "BIG" thanks to those that brought food for the Thanksgiving themed potluck!

I would like to personally thank each and every angler that participated in this years "Trout"sgiving! Thank you to all the amazing event sponsors that kicked in prizes for the raffle, BB Custom Rods, Bite On, Berkley, Los Anglers, The Longfin, FishingNetwork, Fool's Bait Co, KFGS Fishing, Voss Weights, Trout King, So Cal. Fishing Buddies, Troutdog for all the help, and most of all "Vegas Fish Slayer" and his Wife. Tim and Virginia donated a tremendous amount of raffle prizes and everything for the kids. Thank you!

A BIG, BIG, BIG thanks to Irvine Lake and all their staff for playing host to our events and providing us anglers with such a great fishing venue. Daniella, Val, Jimmy, Kewly, Don, and everyone else much appreciated!

Stay tuned to FishingNetwork for more details on the next Team 57 event. We have some BIG plans for 2014 and hope to have some more info announced soon!

In the spirit of "Family, friends, fun, & fishing"!

TaperSteve
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 11-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.

BIG THANKS!!! Team 57 Family and Bob (BB Custom Rods) what a great event, this was exactly like the Team 57 events I grew up on, Friends, Family and Fishing. Thank you all, and I am glad Troutdog was the MC or else we would all still be there if Hitts had the Mic bahahaha. Thanks to all of the sponsors who stepped up. Thanks again for taking the time to keep the spirit alive!!!

It was our pleasure and first time doing something like that. We were really happy everything worked out so great with the weather and the opening of the west shore road and all the people that showed. I brought a group of 9 from Vegas with us and 2 of them had not been to Irvine before. The fishing was ok not wide open by any means but still fun. On the way home my friends and i talked on the phone and one of the first things they said was that it was a awesome day. That come from you guys and the lake and staff. Big thanks to all of you. Our son Jon was really happy being it his first time float tubing and catching a few reel screamers. It was just what it was advertised as being Fun Family Freinds!!! Also thanks Bob for the raffle prizes of the new sticks. My friend Mike won the custom one you made and he is so so happy you made his trip big time!!! The pics dont show in the post hope we can fix that. Anyway thanks again everyone and hopefully we can do it again next time.
    Last edited by vegas fish slayer; 11-25-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Great report Steve! I had to live it vicariously through others as I needed to be at my daughters birthday party. Sounds like another great success for Team 57 and BB custom rods. Wish I could have been there but family calls.
    Got some on the water reports of some serious catfish slaying from the Trolly~Rooster boat and loved every minute of it!
    See you all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by vegas fish slayer View Post
    It was our pleasure and first time doing something like that. We were really happy everything worked out so great with the weather and the opening of the west shore road and all the people that showed. I brought a group of 9 from Vegas with us and 2 of them had not been to Irvine before. The fishing was ok not wide open by any means but still fun. On the way home my friends and i talked on the phone and one of the first things they said was that it was a awesome day. That come from you guys and the lake and staff. Big thanks to all of you. Our son Jon was really happy being it his first time float tubing and catching a few reel screamers. It was just what it was advertised as being Fun Family Freinds!!! Also thanks Bob for the raffle prizes of the new sticks. My friend Mike won the custom one you made and he is so so happy you made his trip big time!!! The pics dont show in the post hope we can fix that. Anyway thanks again everyone and hopefully we can do it again next time.
    I'm glad everything worked out for you and your group Tim, that was quite a haul from LV. Thank you for helping make this event a huge success....especially for the kids! I was talking to Mike and he was smiling ear to ear talking about using his new rod the next day. If you have problems with your pics send me a PM and we can trouble shoot. Thank you again for attending and supporting the Team57 spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Great report Steve! I had to live it vicariously through others as I needed to be at my daughters birthday party. Sounds like another great success for Team 57 and BB custom rods. Wish I could have been there but family calls.
    Got some on the water reports of some serious catfish slaying from the Trolly~Rooster boat and loved every minute of it!
    See you all soon!

We missed you Dan, see you at the lake next weekend? Happy belated to little 5150 btw!

Just so you know Rooster wasn't lying when he said he is now a converted full time catfisherman!

Steve, excellent report buddy! On behalf of the guys I want to say thank you for all the time and energy you put into this with Bebop and the Irvine Lake staff....you guys all did a great job.

Just wanted to add a few more pics, this one is for all the people who stayed home due to the weather forecast!

"Lil" TD and her catch of the day

This was a great day for all in attendance, thank you to all of our friends and sponsors who helped make this a special day.

See you at the lake!

TD

Had a great time another awesome event. Thanks Steve and Bob Bar.

Friends, fishing, fun great event.
    Thanks guys