Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Brown Trout in Los Angeles Mountains

Beautiful video! I wish I could have joined you. Didn't know Lytle was so scenic.

Great Post, reminds me of hiking way back in Monkey Canyon, or French Man's Flats for native trout, and everyonce in awhile you'd find that deeper hole with a larger fish that was impressive for the area.

Nice job out there buddy!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by carpinator View Post
    Great Post, reminds me of hiking way back in Monkey Canyon, or French Man's Flats for native trout, and everyonce in awhile you'd find that deeper hole with a larger fish that was impressive for the area.
    Yeah, that's my favorite part of wild trout stream fishing. There's always one more pool or riffle to explore, just keep hiking!

Hey Everyone
    Wild brown trout are still alive and kicking up in Littlerock Creek way above the Res.
    Unfortunately you'd be trespassing on govt. land because of that yellow toad endangered species closure.
    Somehow they survive with little or no water flow during the summer months since there are some good sized pools in the canyon.
    Biggest brown I heard caught was 5 or 6 lbs.
    Don't bother going to Littlerock Res to fish....the private concession there barely gets by and DFG doesn't plant there anymore, that I know of.
    TTFM

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Trout-Tuna-For.Me View Post
    Hey Everyone
    Wild brown trout are still alive and kicking up in Littlerock Creek way above the Res.
    Unfortunately you'd be trespassing on govt. land because of that yellow toad endangered species closure.
    Somehow they survive with little or no water flow during the summer months since there are some good sized pools in the canyon.
    Don't bother going to Littlerock Res to fish....the private concession there barely gets by and DFG doesn't plant there anymore, that I know of.
    TTFM

Really a shame. For some interesting tidbits on that closure of public lands, enjoy:
    http://anuranblog.blogspot.com/2010/...e-to-save.html
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5200375.pdf
    http://www.sierraphotography.com/cre...ttlerock01.htm

Also, anglers should take a page from the rock climbing crowd and get organized; the Little Rock closure also shut down a popular rock climbing area:
    http://williamsonrock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Trout-Tuna-For.Me View Post
    Hey Everyone
    TTFM
    Way to small....biggest brown I heard caught was at least 12 lbs. Took two hours to land in a pool that was six inches deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Way to small....biggest brown I heard caught was at least 12 lbs. Took two hours to land in a pool that was six inches deep.
    No...wait a minute...I remember, it was six inch Brown trout that broke my 3X tippet after six aerial leaps in a 12 acre pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    No...wait a minute...I remember, it was six inch Brown trout that broke my 3X tippet after six aerial leaps in a 12 acre pool.
    Make sure you upload the video to Youtube and your blog, Viejo so that 10 years from now, um....I dunno, something lucrative and productive will happen 10 years from now, I'm sure of it.

I know I'm not burning all these spots for no reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12