Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bako duct..11/17/13

Default Bako duct..11/17/13

Went out to the duct off of route 166 on Sunday and hit up a couple of spots from 6am to about noon. Between three of us, we landed 25 all in the range of 15"-20". Kept three for the grill and released the rest. The ones we did keep were 19"-20"
    and real skinny with nothing but shrimp in it stomach. Most were caught on jig head with flukes with the white color being the most productive. Three was caught on the pionter. 70 percent of the fish were caught just by swimming the fluke back and not by popping it like we usually do. That was something new learned by accident as I was just bringing my fluke back and got slammed along the edge. Next time I will go get some of those new swim flukes and give it a go and see what happens. Bako duct is alive and well so go and get'em.

Three of you walking putting fish in plastic bags in your backpacks?

Pewter Toyota Tundra?

Nice haul lol. I think they mentioned they are in a black Tundra before?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    Nice haul lol. I think they mentioned they are in a black Tundra before?
    That's funny.

I saw three guys walking open water to where I was. 3-6 mile round trip from where they were parked.

As they approached me I saw one keep an undersized fish. He put it into a light brown plastic grocery bag and into his backpack

I was wearing a FNN shirt. One approached my spot and in his defense gave me my space, however he cast right over my bait grate from the otherside. I held off my cast until his next cast that went right over my grate as well then I threw immediately on top of his.

He got the hint and moved down. His buddy, now the one with the small fish in his backpack walked by respectfully, no complaints.

I don't know Combo, this guys looked Hispanic rather than Cambodian, (maybe that's a generalization on my part).

Anyway the first guy retreated to the truck as the small fish guy continued upstream.

I had called cal tip, and was waiting for the warden to call back. I was sure they would drive by to pick up upstream buddy.

Sure enough, what I recall seeing was a pewter Tundra from 300 yds..

Combo pm'ed me and said they were in a white Tacoma and saw the poachers I saw in a "black tundra"

Now you post you recall they had a black tundra.

Maybe its a coincidence I saw three guys hoofing it on the same day

Maybe its a coincidence you recall Black Tundra and Cambo mentioned seeing a black tundra.

IDK, not accusing Combo and buds at all but the math ain't adding in my head. Not that it usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Three of you walking putting fish in plastic bags in your backpacks?

Pewter Toyota Tundra?
    Was the Tundra a dark gray two door single cab long bed?

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    Was the Tundra a dark gray two door single cab long bed?
    I don't know for sure I only saw it from behind. Couldnt determine length 100% but possibly

That's funny.

I saw three guys walking open water to where I was. 3-6 mile round trip from where they were parked.

As they approached me I saw one keep an undersized fish. He put it into a light brown plastic grocery bag and into his backpack

I was wearing a FNN shirt. One approached my spot and in his defense gave me my space, however he cast right over my bait grate from the otherside. I held off my cast until his next cast that went right over my grate as well then I threw immediately on top of his.

He got the hint and moved down. His buddy, now the one with the small fish in his backpack walked by respectfully, no complaints.

I don't know Combo, this guys looked Hispanic rather than Cambodian, (maybe that's a generalization on my part).

Anyway the first guy retreated to the truck as the small fish guy continued upstream.

I had called cal tip, and was waiting for the warden to call back. I was sure they would drive by to pick up upstream buddy.

Sure enough, what I recall seeing was a pewter Tundra from 300 yds..

Combo pm'ed me and said they were in a white Tacoma and saw the poachers I saw in a "black tundra"

Now you post you recall they had a black tundra.

Maybe its a coincidence I saw three guys hoofing it on the same day

Maybe its a coincidence you recall Black Tundra and Cambo mentioned seeing a black tundra.

IDK, not accusing Combo and buds at all but the math ain't adding in my head. Not that it usually does.
    Well I thought I remembered correctly. See here http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...239#post655239 Pewter, charcoal, black, they all look similar enough. I guess if they post a pic of themselves you can ID that it wasn't them very easily, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    Well I thought I remembered correctly. See here http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...239#post655239 Pewter, charcoal, black, they all look similar enough. I guess if they post a pic of themselves you can ID that it wasn't them very easily, right?
    2 of the 3 absolutely

the third didn't commit to the walk and stayed 1/2 mile away

I don't know for sure I only saw it from behind. Couldnt determine length 100% but possibly
    Well if is, they're the one leaving all those shotgun shells all over the duct and shooting up all the signs.
    Last edited by superbigfish; 11-20-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: se