Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: unsual bite at silverwood lake

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    hey seal go to the pvr stocking ramp right after a stocking and throw a 12inch trout swimbait and see wht happens , a 10lb brownie with razor teeth my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,
    Ya know that's on my list for this spring. Haven't freeze tubed PVR in quite a few years, always enjoy your reports!

the big browns will already be hanging around the stock zone ,the other areas have closed for the year ,so the res and the river will be getting there constant stocks till next spring,,,,,,,dont you love tubing in 40 degree water ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    the big browns will already be hanging around the stock zone ,the other areas have closed for the year ,so the res and the river will be getting there constant stocks till next spring,,,,,,,dont you love tubing in 40 degree water ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Yup aware of the open waters and closures, but I'll wait till spring, not that the water will warm much but at least the air temp. will be a little better. Oh and playing around the Res. in icy weather is a good recipe for another blown out knee!

Really.. Yeah I stopped at the Buoy line because the grass was better a little further back towards the point.. why is that area buoyed off anyway????

Pete

no motorized boats ,same on the miller cayon side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bingo.... AC plug...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Really.. Yeah I stopped at the Buoy line because the grass was better a little further back towards the point.. why is that area buoyed off anyway????

Pete
    Pete your description had me scratching my head anyway. Not sure if you are talking about entering into the channel then first cove or whether you are talking about heading into Miller or Cleghorn and their first coves (by the outlet tower or Black Oak/swimbeach). If by the outlet tower cove then no trespass past that bouy line and yup they are getting on people hard this year that even toss over that line let alone those that like to "stray" past that bouy line. If you are talking about other bouy'd off areas in Cleghorn and deep in Miller then Bob is correct no motors past those areas. Other bouy's setup in coves down the main channel only indicate 5mph limits. But once again based on your description it's hard to tell, a left to me would indicate towards Cleghorn and the Black Oak area where the swimbeach is.

Way to go Alex. Was trolling hashtags on Instagram the other day and saw your catch. I know the pigs are hard to come by, but like Seal had said, top water bite was not nearly as good as last year and the big girls are nowhere to be found. Fished it Sunday from 1:30 am until 7 am and all I managed was one swipe at my swim bait and that's all. Maybe some more candy bar stockings will kick it up.

Seal... sorry I was in a hurry the day I posted that.... leave the launch ramp and go straight across to Las Animas Point..its the point across from Rocking Chair. Cruise that shore all the way to the back of Cleghorn. That whole right side has a ton of grass between 8-16 ft deep all the way back to the buoy line.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Seal... sorry I was in a hurry the day I posted that.... leave the launch ramp and go straight across to Las Animas Point..its the point across from Rocking Chair. Cruise that shore all the way to the back of Cleghorn. That whole right side has a ton of grass between 8-16 ft deep all the way back to the buoy line.

Pete
    In years past some of my favorite stomping grounds. Well before they stopped planting trout down there was a great area to hunt big stripey. But always has been a decent LMB area, cats., crappie you name it. Lot's of LMB fry back there this year, as usual.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast