Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: unsual bite at silverwood lake

Quote Originally Posted by Master Baiter1 View Post
    The insanity of it all. What is wrong with those Silverwood stripers? LOL
    I think the trout are taking over.

I heard the trout are crashing on those silverwood dinks. LOL

i have no idea y no one is really killing the striper on swimbaits like last year around this time, but on stock day you still see the trout getting chased and floating on top like they were attacked. only seen about 3 decent size striper caught on stock day

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I think the trout are taking over.
    I hope it's not because of me catching all the big duct spawning stripers. I joked with you about affecting the stripers at Silverwood from keeping all my catches unlike I used to just release, especially the big spawners. Now you got me thinking HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgee926 View Post
    i have no idea y no one is really killing the striper on swimbaits like last year around this time, but on stock day you still see the trout getting chased and floating on top like they were attacked. only seen about 3 decent size striper caught on stock day
    It was bound to happen. Several good years in a row had some of the locals talking about a downward turn this year. Also DVL having down years recently meant many more fisherman at Silverwood, is it possible that took a toll on the mid to large size fish? I got no idea actually, last year topwater in Oct and Nov produced most fish in the 3-8lbs range, this year I'm lucky if I get a 2 on a spook.

So I suggest everybody hits Castaic, Pyramid and DVL, no fish at the Wood!

i wish those lakes werent so far lol, i live right by silverwood so i have to tough it out until the bite pics up. stock is coming up in a day or two so im hoping to land some big striper
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    It was bound to happen. Several good years in a row had some of the locals talking about a downward turn this year. Also DVL having down years recently meant many more fisherman at Silverwood, is it possible that took a toll on the mid to large size fish? I got no idea actually, last year topwater in Oct and Nov produced most fish in the 3-8lbs range, this year I'm lucky if I get a 2 on a spook.

So I suggest everybody hits Castaic, Pyramid and DVL, no fish at the Wood!

Hey Guys,
    The original "trout swim baits" were made to catch trout. the LMB and Stripe applications came later.

bodfish

As you leave the launch ramp make an immediate left into the back of that large cove. On the right side there is a lot of grass from 7-15ft..It extends all the way to the buoy line in the back of the cove.

Pete

hey seal go to the pvr stocking ramp right after a stocking and throw a 12inch trout swimbait and see wht happens , a 10lb brownie with razor teeth my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    As you leave the launch ramp make an immediate left into the back of that large cove. On the right side there is a lot of grass from 7-15ft..It extends all the way to the buoy line in the back of the cove.

Pete
    But don't toss over the bouy line this year, they will get on ya! Years past no problem this year, problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast