Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: unsual bite at silverwood lake

Default unsual bite at silverwood lake

caught this 7 almost 8 pound trout at silverwood the other day using a 10 inch swimbait when fishing for striper. never experienced trout going for big swimbaits but i guess this guy was really hungry! lol. after him i noticed another slightly smaller trout chasing my bait.

they dropped a load of brood fish ,but they did not announce it ,a couple of my pals caught big trout on smaller swimbaits out in the main channel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice catch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

That's a nice one there.

It's no surprise that they'll go for a swimbait. This just brings up some old plans.

I had a giant trout that probably weighed about 8-9lbs chase my chatterbait two weeks ago. I wanted that dude to eat it!!! but he didn't lol

Pete

lol what part of the lake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    I had a giant trout that probably weighed about 8-9lbs chase my chatterbait two weeks ago. I wanted that dude to eat it!!! but he didn't lol

Pete

big bait-big fish works every time no matter the species, wtg!!

Isn't the first report since the brood stock dump that I've heard of a swimbait trout. One was caught while I was there at the backside quiet cove area. Funny thing is the trout seem more productive on swimbaits then the damn stripers!

Very nice! Time to bring out the big swimbaits for trout...

thats bad *** right there. heard of it before but never seen it.

thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Isn't the first report since the brood stock dump that I've heard of a swimbait trout. One was caught while I was there at the backside quiet cove area. Funny thing is the trout seem more productive on swimbaits then the damn stripers!
    The insanity of it all. What is wrong with those Silverwood stripers? LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast