Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Stupid trout pt.2

Default Stupid trout pt.2

Fished davis camp this morning...half the time for stripers and half the time for trout....For those of you who don't know, when water goes down it leaves little ponds here and there until the water comes back up....will this dumb old trout got stuck in one of thoes ponds at the wrong time....when i saw him i thought it was a striper so i casted too it, i felt a bump, so i swang...It came in pretty easy considering it was dead and that i snagged him hahah. My theory was that all the trout (including this one) got stuck in the pool and throughout the night started to die because they used all the oxygen....There were also 4 or 5 other stockers dead in the water.....As for the report goes caught pleantly of trout and saw a sew stripers, did catch any though....buddy caught a 15 this morning.....

For a size refrence in the pic that a 8in bait in its mouth. >

That same thing happens to carp during rain storms. They follow the high water and get stuck when it receads.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    That same thing happens to carp during rain storms. They follow the high water and get stuck when it receads.
    Nice avatar im sure that pisses some people off.....

Cool, look like dinner.

Sweet catch! That's a fatty...

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    Nice avatar im sure that pisses some people off.....
    Yeah, I would say that's a questionable avatar. Not sure if he's FOR or AGAINST that kind of stuff....