Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DVL Top Water Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I followed T/o and hardcor like a lost puppy dog?

your confused, ask both, you obviously don't don't understand fishing with friends and how friends rib each other.

Your cop environment must preclude you from understanding they were insinuating I followed them all day for a good laugh between friends.

Much like you not being able to understand the approaching boat put the fish down in this video {without the visual cue}

But, I'm not surprised you and the others were bright enough to pick up on these inferences
    My cop environment? Wtf are you talking about?

This is interesting.

About a month ago when the LMB were wolf packing we crept into the third walk in cove, stealth and all at o'dark.
    We were past the point with the mini "v" canyon.
    The wake from a boat on the outside started the washing machine against the shore mixing up or waking up the bait.
    What happen next.....all hell broke loose top water style. Whacked and farmed a bunch with the A-rig.
    Worked around the point and wacked about a 4-5 lb jailbird. Don't know if it was the right "time" or the boat wake, but I suspect the latter.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 11-17-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I followed T/o and hardcor like a lost puppy dog?

your confused, ask both, you obviously don't don't understand fishing with friends and how friends rib each other.

Your cop environment must preclude you from understanding they were insinuating I followed them all day for a good laugh between friends.

Much like you not being able to understand the approaching boat put the fish down in this video {without the visual cue}

But, I'm not surprised you and the others were bright enough to pick up on these inferences
    The Bako Boys catch there own fish ! Always have always will ! They share there info so others will catch fish too !

At Pyramid, Castaic and Silverwood we share info ! Like the salt water guys do ! It's cool ! Harold, a DVL local told us where the bait was ! That's Sportsmanship !

PS. In the video with cutbait. We found the fish and asked him to join us. He cut his motor and snuck in and got a limit of Stripers in one hour. It was cool !
    The other day cutbait heard me and Ron (fishinone) was fishing Castaic with the Marine Derek Nord. Derek was the only Marine that didn't get a fish at the classic.
    Mike called us on the boat with info from a day before. That is Sportsmanship ! That's old school !

Last edited by Hardcor; 11-17-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    If you look at five threads down you will see my last report.

And you talk smack of others when you followed T/O and Hardcor around a lake like a lost puppy dog....pot calling the kettle black buddy.
    What were you trolling ?

Quote Originally Posted by Askwhy View Post
    Wow this post lost me , looks and sounds like they were upset because someone came to close to a spot they felt they owned I didn't see it , yes there's a lots of boats that have no fricken clue but there is also a lot of fisherman who feel they own the fricken lake and certain spots so I just have to add my two cents in and say if a boat that far away from you bugs you then take up another sport or hobby because when a boil is on boats are going to join in that's just how it is like it or not nothing you can do its part of the game all I ask is don't cross my line and I'm good.
    Oh and one more thing if I'm trolling don't cut across me because that's not cool , happy fishing and tight lines.
    Give up after 60 years ? Not Me ! Sportsmanship ! Sport Fishing !
    Last edited by Hardcor; 11-17-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    This is interesting.

About a month ago when the LMB were wolf packing we crept into the third walk in cove, stealth and all at o'dark.
    We were past the point with the mini "v" canyon.
    The wake from a boat on the outside started the washing machine against the shore mixing up or waking up the bait.
    What happen next.....all hell broke loose top water style. Whacked and farmed a bunch with the A-rig.
    Worked around the point and wacked about a 4-5 lb jailbird. Don't know if it was the right "time" or the boat wake, but I suspect the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    What were you trolling ?
    You really think you and T/O are the first ones to troll U-rigs? Get a grip man.

Speaking of "sportsmanship," I'll pass on this info so EVERYBODY can catch stripers...

You wanna KILL stripers at DVL, Castaic, Pyramid? Troll Umbrella rigs with shad flukes. It's that simple people. That's the BIG secret.
    Last edited by Surfnsnowboard3; 11-17-2013 at 01:14 PM.

I want to! I want to!
    But, what's a shad fluke ?

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I want to! I want to!
    But, what's a shad fluke ?
    http://www.striperspace.com/large_softplastics.html

There you go. Any of those will work. Any other questions , just ask. I'm a sportsman with etiquette.

Etiquette and sportsmanship is like good upbringing either you have it or you don't. Those that don't will never understand the concept. However all you can do is try and educate them as you can't fix stupid. My educational tool involves a 3 oz. pyramid sinker on one of my swimbait rods. If you act like a dumb@ss and don't respect my personal space on a lake it gets thrown and I say opps, sorry didn't see you. It works great against those fiberglass bass boats.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast