Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DVL Top Water Etiquette

Default DVL Top Water Etiquette

So, what is the purpose of your video?

I watched it...and I cant seem to come up with why you posted it. The title says: DVL Topwater Etiquette. Are you implying that the approaching boat that was too "near" you and to which you called out: "What a Dumbass"?(crystal clear in your video). That boat seemed pretty far off from what I saw. Im sure the approaching boat had no idea you were on a shad school. Did you really feel the need to call him a dumbass? Do you own that section of the lake?

Just wondering. Perhaps there should be an IQ test before you can put your boat on DVL.

Perhaps you should add some commentary underneath your video so we all can get something out of it.

Anyway. Just my opinion. Let the flaming begin! Ha!

Default ettique is manditory..........

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    So, what is the purpose of your video?

I watched it...and I cant seem to come up with why you posted it. The title says: DVL Topwater Etiquette. Are you implying that the approaching boat that was too "near" you and to which you called out: "What a Dumbass"?(crystal clear in your video). That boat seemed pretty far off from what I saw. Im sure the approaching boat had no idea you were on a shad school. Did you really feel the need to call him a dumbass? Do you own that section of the lake?

Just wondering. Perhaps there should be an IQ test before you can put your boat on DVL.

Perhaps you should add some commentary underneath your video so we all can get something out of it.

Anyway. Just my opinion. Let the flaming begin! Ha!
    It happened three different times that day, I never charge into a cove with or with out boats in it. It's sport fishing, Sportsmanship.

What has this site come to? Kooks posting videos that only other kooks can decipher. There should be a "special" section for these kinds of posts.

Default Top water etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    What has this site come to? Kooks posting videos that only other kooks can decipher. There should be a "special" section for these kinds of posts.
    Wow this post lost me , looks and sounds like they were upset because someone came to close to a spot they felt they owned I didn't see it , yes there's a lots of boats that have no fricken clue but there is also a lot of fisherman who feel they own the fricken lake and certain spots so I just have to add my two cents in and say if a boat that far away from you bugs you then take up another sport or hobby because when a boil is on boats are going to join in that's just how it is like it or not nothing you can do its part of the game all I ask is don't cross my line and I'm good.
    Oh and one more thing if I'm trolling don't cut across me because that's not cool , happy fishing and tight lines.
    Last edited by Askwhy; 11-17-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Default Decipher this .......

Hey guys,
    I think this post is about bad luck and bad timing. It's obvious our heroes were on boiling fish crowding bait in the back of the cove, and some poor unsuspecting "fellow' fisherman came in a bit hot and Waked the whole cove. Oh well…
    I agree that the incoming boat showed less than astute judgement coming in hot like that, especially considering the hull design of his boat, ( I think this poor guy can't help but tsunami his spots no matter what he does) I don't think it's about etiquette, as much as it is about experience and fishing sense. Regrettable but not a big deal in my book.

bodfish

PS One of the things my friends and I used to discourage when stalking spots in a competitive environment ( like almost any lake in SoCal) is "Pointing" which our heroes seem to do a lot of in this video. It tends to make "looky loos" focus on your activity even more. Be cool, Keep your arms down, Talk, but don't point!!!

This coming from a twerp that runs around the lake at 75 mph and never catches a fish ! I can't ask for some etiquette ! It's sport fishing ! Sportsmanship !

Do you get it now !

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast