Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 3 day Adventure to the Sierra's (Pic's and Video)

Default 3 day Adventure to the Sierra's (Pic's and Video)

Took a season ending trip up to Mammoth and the Sierra's. Left on Thursday with Bring It, Scar Fish and Fish Hunter at a toasty 90 degrees in LA

The anticipation was too much, between school and work finding time to break away hasn't been easy. A huge thank you to Los Anglers for planning this trip, Fish Hunter and Scar Fish, where like psychic's out on the water. We dialed in on the fish fairly quickly using Trout King Mini Jigs in the Grass Hopper pattern and pretty much all the natural colors. Once in Mammoth we stayed at the Motel 6, it was pretty damn cold at this point from where we started .

The first day we caught and released over 25 fish a piece from Beautiful Browns to Full Tail and Color Rainbows in 3 sub species as well.

Day number 2 of our Veterans weekend trip was something out of a dream, we woke up to 11 degree temps and an epic journey ahead of us, there really are no words to describe the beauty of California and its fisheries, so blessed to be able to enjoy life and be alive to do these things. I thought of many of my brothers in arms who I served with, and being a Veteran I did not want to take any of this for granted because I remembered being on watch dreaming of a day like day 2 and I felt like my prayer was answered with the quality of fish we caught. It was crazy watching the line and net freeze right in front of me also.

Had such an amazing time

Day three was just amazing, we were on the browns and it was a nice peaceful day to conclude a trip full of memories.

Kirman is unreal! Great looking trout!

Were a couple of ya up at Kirman a few weeks ago? I think I was fishing next ya... Always good times up there.. Tight Lines and Full Tails

Now I'm kicking myself... I had that week off... I totally should have gone. I was thinking about it, but didn't have anyone else to go with. I will go, one of these days I will get out there. Maybe next spring.

NICE WORK

r u using GLoom and Shimano reels? Jes Kurios which ones if you are using them. That's all I use

Thanks for sharing

The G.Loomis TSR 901 and the Stradic 100 FJ

Default Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    The G.Loomis TSR 901 and the Stradic 100 FJ
    Stradic 100 or 1000?

I've been thinking about getting another rod ... which I can only justify by being longer

I have GLooms from 5-7 feet ... but haven't found a longer rod
    I got mislead by buying a Mirage (yep, that's what it is) ... it's no longer than my 7' GLoom from the reel to tip ... just a longer butt which annoys me
    I've been wondering if the TSR 901 is the same ... If you ever feel like measuring from the reel to the tip ... and it's not putting you out ... I'd be curious as heck
    I guess people like the longer butt
    Probably will have to order a custom from Bob's and sell my Mirage

Thanks again

billy b
    Last edited by billy b; 11-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.