Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Redondo Special on Veterans Day

Default Redondo Special on Veterans Day

So three friends and I decided to fish the special out of redondo and hope that they would go over to PV for the kelp, but we didn't go there and instead fished for rockfish. There were around 25 people aand everyone was getting good numbers. I managed to get 4 nice rockfish and one of my friends landed a 7 pounder (sorry no pics this time) and we all managed 13 fish with everyone hooking 4-4-5-0 and one of us got skunked. But the awesomeness of the trip was that we didn't use bait! We only fished the double dropper rig with two big hammer swimbaits rigged onto slayer heads! The rockfish were biting our swimbaits and we managed to get some of the biggest reds for the boat. Should've played the jackpot!

Good job on the plastics. Did they have live bait or frozen squid ?
    DR

At least you had your plastics with you so you could get bit. Caught some fish and a good time on the water. GOOD STUFF!
    Bill

Yes there was live anchovy and squid but mostly dead squid.
    Thanks guys we all did much better on the plastics than we originally thought.