Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: BTB Closer Trip

Default BTB Closer Trip

There's another one in the books for our BTB group. In a nutshell, kind of slow on the creek/river end of places but the bait and wait fishing was extraordinary. Fished our way up to Bridgeport on Wed morning for just a couple of browns in the lower O, nothing big, less than 12 inches. Fished the afternoon south of the monument and saw a ton of fish staged up including some nice ones but no takers on the fly or barbless stuff we threw at them. Got up to bport at around 3 pm and went straight to the dam and threw plugs into the dark for nada. Had a guy trolling the dam area of the rez and he was metering a lot of fish, but he was skunked for 2 days straight and we certainly didn't find any either.

Woke up Thurs morning and headed up to lower twin to meet up with some buddies. Had to make the obligatory stop at the flow-between just to see what was running between the 2 lakes. WOW!!! Lot of nice brownies in there and even have a video clip of one pushing the 10 lbs mark in about 6 inches of water. I love to just sit there and watch these things do their thing. Anyways, made the decision to just head to the loop and not waste any more time in bport in order to meet with the rest of our group at noon at the Tiger Bar and get into our place for the weekend. After that was wrapped up, we headed to backside of grant at inlet for the evening bite and put the wood to the bows with nightcrawlers and I stuck about a 3 lb brownie with my Murder Inc. That f-ing lure is awesome to say the least.

On Friday, gave it hell on Rush before it started to get crowded and there were no takers. Then headed to back of Grant again for a couple more bows, but no brownies. On the way back to cabin for lunch, see a guy carrying 2 monster bows and he gives me the 411. Needless to say we are on June on Friday afternoon and pull in a series of fish ranging from 3 lbs up to nearly 7 lbs. This was the stop to be at and everyone (not just our group, but everyone else in the area) was catching bigguns. The word was Conway Ranch dropped 3,500 lbs of their fish into June on Monday and they just hadn't left the marina or reeds area yet. I didn't see the dump, I don't know if June got all 3,500 lbs or if other lakes got some too, but what I can tell you is between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, my group had close to 15 fishing going between 3 lbs and 7 lbs and several breakoffs while fishing to 2 lbs leader. We could have done much more damage if farmer ted (aka my brother) would freakin' listen when told by the rest of the group to fish his drag loose. Love him to death, but every year he will have the biggest fish on and loose it due to him fighting the fish like a bft on 40 lbs.

Finished the trip up with an evening soaking on Privey Pt on Grant for a few more bows on the crawlers. Out early the next morning and home by noon and the smoker fired up and cooking by 1 pm. The meat on these bows was by far the pinkest meat I've ever seen up there. They looked like the Copper River salmon fillets you see in the stores every now and then.

Sounds like a great trip ... love the Tiger Bar and also C Pk Inn ...

Not to be snoopin .... but is the Murder Inc ... homemade ... home decorated? That's all the snoopin I'll do ... just curious

Oh ... what does BTB stand for?

I'll be at Grant Wed afternoon ... think it's too late for June?

Congrats on a fun trip ... fellowship and fizhun is hard to beat!
    Last edited by billy b; 11-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Home decorated...basic swimbait with a super sweet paint job ;) BTB is our group "Brown Trout Brotherhood". Think of it as the Little Rascals kids except we're all in our 40's now. Pretty much the same type of characters.

Fished lower real hard the past 4 days its tough though my buddy adrian got 10.2 hookhaw from lower fri night. Browns were everwhere in the evening just not chewing. Seen sme epic fish under the bridge along with the man protecting them. Dude was dressed in street clothes with a little spin rod and drove a camry so all you poachers beware ha

Hey Matt...why your buddy keep that fish???

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Hey Matt...why your buddy keep that fish???
    It was his first over ten gotta keep the first two for the brown baggers and he wanted to mount it. He released a 5 and an 8 two weeks ago. The fish was beautiful took him 10 years of hard fishing to get it. Cant blame him it was his dream fish hookjaw brown over 10 if you wanna see a pic pm me your number.

Nicely done BC!! Wheres the pic's.. haha

Took your advice and headed to June. They had the marina closed because they didn't really want people fishing June. Guess everyone was hooking those big ALpers trout and that stocking was really meant for next year. Seems Fish and Game didn't have anywhere to put their fish so they put them in the holding pens at June not allowing the Alpers stocking that was meant for next year to be stored at June. Sorry for the long winded explanation...

ANways went over there and fished right in front of the marina and nailed some big fish. My partner got a 7 and 8lber and I landed a 12, 7 & 5. Went back the next day to have a try and them again and only ended up with a 4lber and a bunch of smaller fish. Can't complain at all and I just wanted to say thanks for the info. I'll post a few pics later..