Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: R there any fish ?

Default R there any fish ?

In China Lake, located in the High Desert ?

From Wikipedia:

China Lake is an unincorporated community in Kern County, California It is located 2.5 miles (4 km) north-northeast of Ridgecrest, at an elevation of 2264 feet (690 m). The place is on China Lake, a dry lake on the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake.

Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS) China Lake is part of Commander, Navy Region Southwest under Commander, Navy Installations Command and is located in the Western Mojave Desert region of California, approximately 150 miles (240 km) north of Los Angeles. Occupying three counties – Kern, San Bernardino and Inyo – the installation’s closest neighbors are the cities of Ridgecrest, Inyokern, Trona and Darwin. The main gate of the installation is located at the intersection of Inyokern Road (Highway 178) and China Lake Blvd. in the city of Ridgecrest.

China Lake is the United States Navy's largest single landholding, representing 85 percent of the Navy’s land for weapons and armaments research, development, acquisition, testing and evaluation (RDAT&E) use and 38 percent of the Navy’s land holdings worldwide.

Thanks for posting, Craig. I have always thought China Lake to be dry but this post had me wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by flybynight View Post
    In China Lake, located in the High Desert ?
    No offense, but this post gave me a chuckle.

As a Kern County resident, I read that question and imagined you fishing in dirt with F18's bombing all over you

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    No offense, but this post gave me a chuckle.

As a Kern County resident, I read that question and imagined you fishing in dirt with F18's bombing all over you
    Thats a hilarious visual...