Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunked @ SARL 10/26

Default Skunked @ SARL 10/26

Sorry for the late report guys. Got to the lake early (6:30) was very suprised that it wasn't too crowded and there wasnt much of a line. Made my way around shore starting on the east side of the lake. 3 hours go by, not a single bite. I moved around 2-3 other locations throughout the day, also not a single bite. Using various colors of pb/dough baits. Looking around, I hadn't seen anyone on shore catching anything. As a matter of fact, the only people catching were on a pontoon and I have to say they were nailing em! Double hookups, I might of even heard triple hookups (they were shouting ) but either way they were nailing em. At least they had fun! Maybe next time I need a boat.....

Quote Originally Posted by hamdenst View Post
    Sorry for the late report guys. Got to the lake early (6:30) was very suprised that it wasn't too crowded and there wasnt much of a line. Made my way around shore starting on the east side of the lake. 3 hours go by, not a single bite. I moved around 2-3 other locations throughout the day, also not a single bite. Using various colors of pb/dough baits. Looking around, I hadn't seen anyone on shore catching anything. As a matter of fact, the only people catching were on a pontoon and I have to say they were nailing em! Double hookups, I might of even heard triple hookups (they were shouting ) but either way they were nailing em. At least they had fun! Maybe next time I need a boat.....
    It was a tough week for Trout at SARL!!!!! We were there Sat night and didn't see any Trout caught at all. We were fishing in a boat and using a Fish finder, so I noticed a lot of the trout were chasing shad at 6 feet all over the lake. I want to go back this weekend and fish at that depth for the Trout. I know it's going to be a hard sell getting any of my friends to go because Irvine is off the hook!!!! Just to let everyone know I'm not crazy for even trying, I know where a Wad of Blue Catfish are living in the lake. So if nothing else I know we can catch a few of them.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.