Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sea Lion Steals Big Dorado!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Are ya sayin' that da Quagga has gone undercover. I mean that's her MO going under the covers. Boy I think your right something smells FISHY, ya put your finger on it. You need to go wash your finger now.
    So what is it DV you had to call the circle jerk crew in because you couldn't handle me? Your silly little jokes are falling flat and your showing your *** to everyone. Embarrassed for yourself and your girls yet?
    Last edited by Jfishy; 10-31-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Hey anybody else smell that foul odor in the air here? You know, when I fish DVL if there is a large school of Stripey around I can smell a kinda sweet fish smell, I know they're in the area. Same for LMB except the smell is a little "mustier". One day when fishing Skinner I pulled up a rod someone had lost and it was covered in Quagga. Sometimes if it's a good reel, it can be cleaned up and reused so I took it home and set it on the table in my backyard to clean it up the next day, well I went out the next day and there was a horrible smell emanating from the Quaggas, really a foul smell. Kinda exactly like what I'm smelling here on this thread...
    You boys sure like to pick on the girls. Typical and expected. Are you sure that smell isn't your upper lip?

Bwahahaha, paranoid of Quagga? Of you? Not in a million years. Denial, just like your denier-in-chief pResident. No matter how bad they fail, they always deny and point their fingers at someone else. Sweet smell? Only you could love the foul smell of decaying Quaggas...
    Hmm...yet, you post this soliloquy?

Hey anybody else smell that foul odor in the air here? You know, when I fish DVL if there is a large school of Stripey around I can smell a kinda sweet fish smell, I know they're in the area. Same for LMB except the smell is a little "mustier". One day when fishing Skinner I pulled up a rod someone had lost and it was covered in Quagga. Sometimes if it's a good reel, it can be cleaned up and reused so I took it home and set it on the table in my backyard to clean it up the next day, well I went out the next day and there was a horrible smell emanating from the Quaggas, really a foul smell. Kinda exactly like what I'm smelling here on this thread...
    Gotcha, Hamlet. No paranoia. Maybe just a strange attraction to him/her and their smell, considering from what you've written, you obviously remember it fondly.

Not quite as fondly as you do rumor has it. Got the smell off yet??????? Or did ya have to take a wide spectrum antibiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Not quite as fondly as you do rumor has it. Got the smell off yet??????? Or did ya have to take a wide spectrum antibiotic.
    With witty and knee slappin' responses like these, you wonder why Devo needs back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfishy View Post
    What are you the third member of the circle jerk? Can DV not handle his own business? Does she need you and that other more-on to fight her battles for her?
    No, I'm just talking about the current overpopulation of seals. I have a boat sitting at Terminal Island. Every time I go out they hang out and wait to steal a fish. Previous years hooping they tear up bait and nets. You must use bait cages for this problem. Just wait for natures cure, STARVATION. All we need is a year that lacks bait, mackerel ext and they will be washing up on So Cal beaches dead. When I dove Santa Barbara Island years ago they were as thick as the pic I posted. Newport Harbor has had problem, they have sunk boats, people on moorings put up netting to keep them off. I was fishing on anchor off PV this year and had one trying to board my boat. Had to yell and flap my arms to keep it off.

It is legal to shoot them with paint ball guns or a slingshot when they bother you.

Massive die off coming in the next few years, believe it.
    We need more big sharks.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    No, I'm just talking about the current overpopulation of seals. I have a boat sitting at Terminal Island. Every time I go out they hang out and wait to steal a fish. Previous years hooping they tear up bait and nets. You must use bait cages for this problem. Just wait for natures cure, STARVATION. All we need is a year that lacks bait, mackerel ext and they will be washing up on So Cal beaches dead. When I dove Santa Barbara Island years ago they were as thick as the pic I posted. Newport Harbor has had problem, they have sunk boats, people on moorings put up netting to keep them off. I was fishing on anchor off PV this year and had one trying to board my boat. Had to yell and flap my arms to keep it off.

It is legal to shoot them with paint ball guns or a slingshot when they bother you.

Massive die off coming in the next few years, believe it.
    We need more big sharks.
    DR
    Well, that's not exactly how you started off your post but let’s not dwell on that.

For the record I get what you’re saying, I know populations needs to be thinned out, I know they are nuisances to you guys lucky enough to have boats docked, and I have had my fair share of fish stolen by them. The only reason I made my comment to DV is that there have been stories running for the last two weeks about dead sea lions washing up in Malibu with gunshot wounds.

I have been fishing and shooting literally since I could hold a rod and pull a trigger and I have never seen the kind of pressure we are seeing now from groups trying to close off fishing grounds, and strip 2A rights. Joking or not, posting about shooting sea lions on a public forum reflects badly on both fishermen and gunnies at a time when we can hardly afford any more negative press.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-malibu-coast/

Quote Originally Posted by Jfishy View Post
    You boys sure like to pick on the girls. Typical and expected. Are you sure that smell isn't your upper lip?
    Anonymity is a funny thing, can't tell who is who. How do you KNOW it's a girl? I can tell you what it's not, a "Lady"...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456