Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea Lion Steals Big Dorado!!!

Default Sea Lion Steals Big Dorado!!!

Sea Lion steal big Dorado right out of a fishermans hands! Check it out: here

Quote Originally Posted by bassguycali View Post
    Sea Lion steal big Dorado right out of a fishermans hands! Check it out: here
    The sea giveth...and the sea lion taketh away!

bummer.
    the tax man took a little more than his share on that one.....

I have heard that by placing as little as 55 grains of lead behind the Seals ear will correct that bad habit. Seems like an easy solution to me.

I would have cried in front of everyone if that happened to me...

lol troll sea lion!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I have heard that by placing as little as 55 grains of lead behind the Seals ear will correct that bad habit. Seems like an easy solution to me.
    You sound like an idiot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfishy View Post
    I see you've met Devore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfishy View Post
    You sound like a "PETA" lover!!!!

Love some of this:

PORTLAND, Oregon (By Teresa Carson) - Washington and Oregon won authorization from a federal agency on Friday to kill sea lions eating endangered salmon at the Bonneville Dam, angering animal rights advocates.

The move marks the second time the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service has approved killing the sea lions, which travel up the Columbia River to eat salmon trying to pass the dam on their way to spawn.

The Humane Society of the United States fought the first authorization, in 2008, winning a ruling from the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that NOAA must explain why it allowed fishermen to catch the salmon but not sea lions.

The NOAA has said in response that it can limit the number and type of fish caught by the fishermen, but not so the indiscriminate sea lions.

"This is not an easy decision for our agency to make, but a thorough analysis shows that a small number of California sea lions preying on salmon and steelhead are having a significant effect on the ability of the fish stocks to recover," William Stelle, NOAA Fisheries Service Northwest regional administrator William Stelle said in a written statement.

Oregon and Washington may only remove sea lions known to be eating salmon and only 85 per year can be killed.

Sharon Young, marine mammal issues field director for the Humane Society, told Reuters the group was studying NOAA's order and may go back to court to challenge it again.

"Sea lion predation represents only 2.4 percent of the salmon run this year," Young said.

"This is shameful that they are distracting attention from real problems they could be addressing," she said. "This is one of the least important things they can to do address salmon recovery."

Since 2008, 26 sea lions have been euthanized and 10 were placed at zoos and aquariums. Usually about 70-80 huddle around the dam every year, NOAA said, estimating that they ate more than 5,000 salmon last year.

The Oregon Fish and Wildlife Department does not have a start date for when it might begin trapping and euthanizing the mammals, Rick Hargrave, a deputy administrator said.

They have been marking and observing the sea lions since March, so they can identify the most egregious offenders.

California sea lions are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act, but NOAA said the population of about 238,000 is "healthy and stable."

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    You sound like a "PETA" lover!!!!

Love some of this:

PORTLAND, Oregon (By Teresa Carson) - Washington and Oregon won authorization from a federal agency on Friday to kill sea lions eating endangered salmon at the Bonneville Dam, angering animal rights advocates.

The move marks the second time the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service has approved killing the sea lions, which travel up the Columbia River to eat salmon trying to pass the dam on their way to spawn.

The Humane Society of the United States fought the first authorization, in 2008, winning a ruling from the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that NOAA must explain why it allowed fishermen to catch the salmon but not sea lions.

The NOAA has said in response that it can limit the number and type of fish caught by the fishermen, but not so the indiscriminate sea lions.

"This is not an easy decision for our agency to make, but a thorough analysis shows that a small number of California sea lions preying on salmon and steelhead are having a significant effect on the ability of the fish stocks to recover," William Stelle, NOAA Fisheries Service Northwest regional administrator William Stelle said in a written statement.

Oregon and Washington may only remove sea lions known to be eating salmon and only 85 per year can be killed.

Sharon Young, marine mammal issues field director for the Humane Society, told Reuters the group was studying NOAA's order and may go back to court to challenge it again.

"Sea lion predation represents only 2.4 percent of the salmon run this year," Young said.

"This is shameful that they are distracting attention from real problems they could be addressing," she said. "This is one of the least important things they can to do address salmon recovery."

Since 2008, 26 sea lions have been euthanized and 10 were placed at zoos and aquariums. Usually about 70-80 huddle around the dam every year, NOAA said, estimating that they ate more than 5,000 salmon last year.

The Oregon Fish and Wildlife Department does not have a start date for when it might begin trapping and euthanizing the mammals, Rick Hargrave, a deputy administrator said.

They have been marking and observing the sea lions since March, so they can identify the most egregious offenders.

California sea lions are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act, but NOAA said the population of about 238,000 is "healthy and stable."
    I'm a PETA supporter!!!!! I believe in:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast