Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20+ Brownie at Grant-Rush

The fish is 10 pounds, tops...what a liar...but awesome fish no doubt and a real trophy for the june loop. The article states that he says he also caught 50 browns all over 2 pounds during the last week...I have a hard time believing that, but since it seems he exaggerates the weight of his fish to be double that of what they really are, him catching 50 browns all over 1 pound during the last week is something I would believe, especially during this time of year in that area.

http://www.wonews.com/t-EastenSierra...an_102813.aspx

Dude that brownie is like 7-8lbs!
    I'm literally LOLing @ the claim of 20lbs 8ozs!!!
    Not to mention only douches target spawners during this time of year...(see the scumbag poachers above Edison for reference). Heck, he even says it in the article "“I wish people would let these fish go and the season would shut down on Oct. 31,” Gonzalez said. Browns move up stream in the late fall and are very easy to catch.""

ya no way dude, 7-9 lbs maybe. I get 10-21 lb browns out by me on a regular basis. Its pretty easy too. The spring and fall bite is a no brainer. I like the spring bite better. We get fish in the high 20's and the occasional 30+ lbers too. You get your browns out here by fishing for smallies. Its sorta like a bonus

Still can't believe western outdoors would post this up with no validity to the weight, Maybe they need to sell more papers. Was on the ac plug forum and news hit there allan has caught more big browns than a lot and he's calling 8 to 10 pounds although he did say it was a really pretty fish for its size its no where near 20 though. I guess that's why I didn't renew my subscription 2 years ago hahs

It's a nice fish. Weight, schmeight. It is CERTAINLY larger than any trout of any species I've caught in the Sierras, and I've been beating those waters to a froth since age 12/1967.

Quote Originally Posted by flytyingreloader View Post
    It's a nice fish. Weight, schmeight. It is CERTAINLY larger than any trout of any species I've caught in the Sierras, and I've been beating those waters to a froth since age 12/1967.
    Will it make you feel better if I say I've been going at it since about 1950? Caught at the most a 2.5-3.0 brown

I wish at least there were measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Will it make you feel better if I say I've been going at it since about 1950? Caught at the most a 2.5-3.0 brown
    I feel right fine, in any event! I don't get focused on the Big Fish Fetish in the Sierras. My best on browns is about the same size you mention, a little bigger on 'bows. I've had SOMETHINGs break me off in both Grant and Upper Twin a few times at each lake that were BODACIOUS, but never got a look at what they might have been. They FELT like Los Angeles-class submarines, but that might be a subjective view.

20 - 30 pound Browns out by you? Where would out by you be? The California State record is 26 pounds, you're breaking the state record, out by you!

Musky man, take me fishing please. Where exactly is out by you? I'm not talking trash or anything I like fishing giant Browns. Are you by Lake Tahoe? Because I have heard a few stories……..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast