Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T/o afterwork pig trout slayin this ones for you harcor

Default T/o afterwork pig trout slayin this ones for you harcor

i couldnt hardly sleep last night i knew i was going north and there was cahance for some fishing. left quartz hill at 4 darkthirty ,arrived at the job site at 7 knocked my job by noon , hit up mac's for some fresh jigs and rolled up to the res. in my haste i forgot my mountain bike i use at the res. so as i drove up there i figured i would fish the meatgrinder, but when i arrived i found out its down for repairs. so i had to hike in ,i hit the trolly rock but the water level was high and very stained so i had to turn around and head back till i found clear water then i found the bite. twice i had to kick off my shoes and socks and tosse everything in my pockets cause i had to go wading , but the water wasnt that cold. i usually release my trout up there but two of my friends from worked begged for some trout , so i brought them some toads. cory i was laughing every time the pigs boiled over and peeled out it was some real fun,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,

Slayin' um at PV in the Fall, no better time of the year, "Indian Summer". No crowds, cold crisp mornings, no mosquitos. fall color and a touch of snow on the mountains and the Trout are on the bite.

and i wasnt trolling ,,,,,,,,,,,,like one of the haters was spewing in one of the other threads ,just me and that power-rat,and the secret scent for the spawning time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is the first time in many years that I haven't been fishin' the Sierra's in mid to late October, my favorite time. I have always used nothing but live crickets at PV and the Lower Owens when I was not tossin' fly's or tuggin' streamers. I'm lookin' to do a drift boat in January on the Lower or a snowmobile trip on the Upper for some Snowbow's, none of those no tail punky pay lake fish for me. lol

Damn nice fish Bob. I'm Jones'n for some Sierra fishing big time. We had our cabin up in Bridgeport Upper Twin for 17 days this year but couldn't go due to my wife, daughter, and oldest son being subpoenaed at the last minute as witnesses in a capital murder trial. Blew our yearly Sierra vacation right out of the water man. You are a lucky man dude, you get to make money fishing AND you get to make money on the job and fish the same day, in the Sierras. Doesn't get any better than that in my book bro...

And same here Dev, no pay to plays for me either. Might as well throw some fish in a frigging bathtub and float PB on a Barbie rod as far as I'm concerned...

Beautiful fish Bob, congrats!

Thank you Bobby Boy ! That is the nicest stringer I've seen in a long time ! Pig trout ! Beautiful,,,T/O,,,

I could hear you laughing from my house !

Love Corey
    Last edited by Hardcor; 10-24-2013 at 10:08 PM.

That's pretty cool Bob....I bet the scenery up there was pretty impressive this time of year, as were the fish you caught.....That's twice in a week you got to do your own thing, which is even better...........................Dave

Nice limit! That dark rainbow looked awesome.

Those are some nice ones Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Damn nice fish Bob. I'm Jones'n for some Sierra fishing big time. We had our cabin up in Bridgeport Upper Twin for 17 days this year but couldn't go due to my wife, daughter, and oldest son being subpoenaed at the last minute as witnesses in a capital murder trial. Blew our yearly Sierra vacation right out of the water man. You are a lucky man dude, you get to make money fishing AND you get to make money on the job and fish the same day, in the Sierras. Doesn't get any better than that in my book bro...

And same here Dev, no pay to plays for me either. Might as well throw some fish in a frigging bathtub and float PB on a Barbie rod as far as I'm concerned...
    Fishing with Barbie poles it's fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast