Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slaying Stripers at the Wood w/ a broken steering cable!

Default Slaying Stripers at the Wood w/ a broken steering cable!

Me and my buddy
    Mike(fishingvato) hit the wood and had a great time.

I knew the stripers were gonna have an evil eye(curse) on me when I fought a schoolie to the boat and all I reeled in was an eye ball.

The only thing is I didn't plan on was my steering column to bust out there on me. I heard a lot pop and knew immediately my cable busted. At first I thought we were just gonna leave early. Then I thought, wait.... We can still do this. LOL

Thank you buddy for working hard at the motor! I'm sure you will be sore today. Now when he says he worked his Arse off for those fish he won't be lying! Haha

And the slay continued. Not as many doubles and triples as last week because when we found a school on a point it was too hard to turn around so we kept going.

We caught double limits and then some all dinks with only one better schoolie in the mix on a flash minnow.

Great times and now I need to fix this cable quickly so I can get back out!

Way to improvise and keep slayin' um. How's the HDS working now?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Way to improvise and keep slayin' um. How's the HDS working now?
    You the man! Thx for the help. Something so minute made the world of difference. I really appreciate your help.

Way to get um Mike, sorry to hear about the mishap with the cable..... That looks like me in the rental, same position, except you might have been happy to have a tiller!!! LOL....Good times.....................Dave

Great job mike and that a boy for staying with it.

Your a real captain Mike. **** breaks down and you instantly make the deck hand WORK!

TB taught you well!

Your ahead of the curve. Castaic slows to a crawl and you recognized and went elsewhere. NICELY DONE

People have been killed because of steering cable breaks.

Granted its more the 150hp boats going 65 mph but when those cables bust and the torque on those engines.

here is a steering cable crash.. Hey numbnuts, jump off the stupid thing

Not steering cable but same effect.. FUNNY

Heres a real steering cable break

all I can say is slayageeeeeeee!

However,,,,,,,,,,,AA,,,,,,,,Il let you cause I know why you wear it,,,,,,But cant you at least find one that says GREEN CARP KILLA on the forhead

TB... That wasn't me. MO was 2 timing me, you know, how CB does to you sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    TB... That wasn't me. MO was 2 timing me, you know, how CB does to you sometimes.

oooo That's right,,,,,M/O is whoreing around again,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I KNOW WHO,S UNDER THAT DISQUISE,,,,,,,,geese mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,trying to get in on some midnja action hu mike,,,,,,,,lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast