Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trout Season 101

Default aswome!

that is aswome advice tips! thanks man. Plan on doing some trout fishing this weekend so hope to get in on some of your tips.

Quote Originally Posted by BBL2Baja View Post
    [QUOTE/] Steelhead are anadromous trout (oceangoing). Not naturally found in Southern California, they are stocked in some pay lakes around the southland. While the true definition of steelhead are migratory saltwater traveling trout, they are planted for sport for their supposed stronger fight and as "superior" table fare.
    Great article, but steelhead trout are natural to SoCal. From the Santa Clarita river north they are pretty common although endangered. And can still be found in the LA area. Goto this website if you want more info. Again great article. Thanks, the castlekid.

http://swr.nmfs.noaa.gov/recovery/Steelhead_SCS.htm

This is a excellent thread thx for all the info.

Good write up, but it lags because it doesn't have Thomas Bouyants listed...Bouyants are THE standard when it comes to trout lures. Nothing works better, in so many lakes.

Sweet, I cant wait till trout season 08

Just posted to bump this thread. This is a Phenom Trout Thread.

Can we get this stickied please? I think that it is a very good resource for those who are just getting into trout fishing.
    Last edited by bsp; 03-05-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Well, since this is such a great thread and trout season is fast approaching i thought it would be appropriot to bump up this thread

This is such a really great thread. I just tried trout fishing for the first time and used the bobber method with a little tweek. Instead of a fly i used curly tail on 3' 2lb leader. Worked great as i can still have a visual and feel all the bumps.

Scott,

Thanks for the write up. I see you live in Big Bear so I am glad you did not give our ‘secret spots’ out. I, like most trout fisherman here, soak Power Bait. I want to add a couple tricks I use.

Bobber Strike Indicator:
    I take a regular red and white bobber and clip on a large snap swivel. I clip the swivel end to the bobber and the open snap end is placed on my line between the second or third guide on the rod. I pull this down a good 3 feet so. This allows the fish to pick up the bait with little resistance thus not spitting the bait. It also serves as a visual strike indicator. Bigger bobbers give more visual space and not ‘pulled’ as much when the wind picks up. My current favorite bobbers are the yellow Sponge Bob bobbers I got from Bass Pro!

Leader:
    I always use P-Line 2lb fluorocarbon for my leader. It does not matter who makes it as long as it is 100% fluorocarbon. I guess you can step it up to 4lb, but nothing bigger.

Just my 2 cents:
    Woody

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast