Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trout Season 101

Default Re: Trout Season 101

Just wanted to let you know I tried your water bobber info and have caught several fish from it. As a fishermen I like to try different things and it worked. :banana:

That was awsome. Since most of these guys are pros, it's nice to see such an indepth article. Thanks for the tips and if we ever meet up on a bank, remind me that I owe you a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by t-man-13
    GREAT INFO, FIND MYSELF COMING BACK TO REFRESH EVERY OTHER OUTING. ONE QUESTION, DO YOU KEEP THE LINES TIGHT AND WATCH ROD TIP FOR BITE OR DO YOU PLACE BOBBER ON LINE SLACK AND LET FISH RUN WITH BAIT BEFORE SETTING HOOK? I SEE BOTH METHODS OUT THERE AND WAS WONDERING WHICH ONE WORKS BEST. THANX.

I keep the lines tight.. and the drag loose so the fish can move with the bait..

johnsfishing

I am new to this board, but not to trout fishing.

Great intro to trout fishing!

Thanks so much for this write up! Its been probably a decade since i've been fishing, now with my son who is 5 years old, I'm looking forward to going back out there and catching dinner. Great write up, removed alot of cobwebs in my memory about how its done. One question i have is what color power bait to use in different water conditions such as murky? The brighter the better?

Excellent write up....good info. May I just correct one statement that steelhead are not naturally occurring in the southland. Currently accurate....historically not true. The Santa Ana River used to sustain a huge run of anadramous rainbows (steelhead) in bygone years....unfortunately, overexploitation, damming, etc...has long rendered these fish "gone" from the area....but Southern Cal is within the steelheads' historical distribution range.

Brian

Couple questions showing how much of a beginner I am. But how important is it to use a "bead" on a carolina rig? Plus, what size and kind of rapala minnows are recommended for trout?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDJHawk
    Couple questions showing how much of a beginner I am. But how important is it to use a "bead" on a carolina rig? Plus, what size and kind of rapala minnows are recommended for trout?
    Thanks
    I'd recommend size 3 or size 5 for the minnows. As for the bead, it prevents the swivel from getting stuck to the weight, it's somewhat important. Obviously, if the weight gets stuck to the swivel (the loop of the swivel will sometimes find it's way into the sleeve in the weight), you will no longer have a sliding sinker. I've seen people NOT use them and still catch many fish. However, I would recommend it's use.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotsteve
    Thanks so much for this write up! Its been probably a decade since i've been fishing, now with my son who is 5 years old, I'm looking forward to going back out there and catching dinner. Great write up, removed alot of cobwebs in my memory about how its done. One question i have is what color power bait to use in different water conditions such as murky? The brighter the better?
    In murky, stained or cloudy water I usually switch to the "natural" powerbaits (corn, salmon peach, etc..) or I add scents (gels, liquids, gravies) to chartreuse, orange or rainbow. On sunny days, I use dough baits with glitter. Gulp! eggs and dough seems to work very well in all weather and clarity conditions.

Later,
    Scott

someone needs to make this kind of thing for bass fishing.

Very good tips.
    One of the "BEST" Angelers I've seen in action is Trolley. That man was pulling fish out of Ivine Lake like he had a Magic Wand :banana: :banana: :banana: I'm sure he has lots of tips that he can contribute to a Newbie Trout Angler like myself. Next time I see Trolley,I will asked to see the set-up. Hitts told me that he also has a "
    Magic Potion" in a bottle that he swears by. :D

Cindy
    And not to leave anyone out
    "Feel The Steel Gary" was racking them up also!
    Give up the secret Guys.... :secret:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast