Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MO & AA WFO trolling for Stripers at Silverwood!

Default MO & AA WFO trolling for Stripers at Silverwood!

With all the Castaic fishing we been doing, we wanted a change and decided to check out the wood. I rarely see any reports from here and knew it would be going off. And I was a 100 % right.

Started trolling at 715 and by 8am we had over 20 stripers. (All dinks! more like Pyramid dinks. )Absolutely insane! At 830 over 30. And it continued at this pace non stop. We started trolling another bank and every pass each rod had at least a double or triple. We just kept our limits and releasing at least 30-40 fish from trolling.

Cooler shot

We decided it was time for a change and it was time to break out the light line. AA had an LC tied and I had a fluke. We slow trolled this bank with the rod in our hands and every pass we were both hooking up. We had so much fun doing this and we could not stop laughing the whole time!
    We were setting the hook so hard on the dinks we would rip out a half there mouths! We must have released another 50+ fish doing It this way as well.

Brian on a Pig!

With all the big fish in this lake we were surprised catching all this fish and not getting any with some descent size! Nonetheless it was a blast.

Towards the end, we had a misfortune and I had to take AA To the emergency. I feel so bad because I swung so hard my lure got stuck in AA's mouth. I'm glad they safely removed all the hooks. I need to be more careful in the future. Safety first!

Mike ! Bobby Boy said there just around the corner ! You and AA are awesome ! That's a great day MO !

Corey

PS is this picture real !
    [/QUOTE]

man awesome... i was thinking of heading to silverwood this weekend to change the pace up :D

Let me end this now. Pic not real. Those stripes were so agro, by the end of the day my LC was left hookless.
    On the way home it was dangling in my face, so I grabbed it like Mr. Stripey, & MO snapped a pic.

What is real, those fish were in a frenzy yesterday. No big girls in the mix, but those pissed off dinks on lite line was a blast.

Also real, every time on the water with MO is a good time... When he remembers his coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcor View Post
    Mike ! Bobby Boy said there just around the corner ! You and AA are awesome ! That's a great day MO !

Corey

PS is this picture real !
    [/QUOTE]

Corey it was just too funny I couldn't resist. I was kind of shocked not seeing you there since its your backyard! :)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    man awesome... i was thinking of heading to silverwood this weekend to change the pace up :D
    Do it Flyhigh! It was a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Let me end this now. Pic not real. Those stripes were so agro, by the end of the day my LC was left hookless.
    On the way home it was dangling in my face, so I grabbed it like Mr. Stripey, & MO snapped a pic.

What is real, those fish were in a frenzy yesterday. No big girls in the mix, but those pissed off dinks on lite line was a blast.

Also real, every time on the water with MO is a good time... When he remembers his coffee.
    He's got my number! HAHAHA

Sounds like you two got into an insane bite. To bad they were not the larger variety. But good slay anyway. Glad to see the wood producing.

Team DoubleOcean does it again. II'm not surprised

M/o-boz,,,,,,,,,,a/a-boz,,,,,,,,,,,,way to slay ,it was fun getting the on the water report mike,,,,you should have been boz-whipping with it on the boat,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,

When MO and DA show up striper dies. Great job guys. NOW €}#% off

What size did they get up to? I heard average size is pretty small - 1/2 lb or smaller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast