Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: my future light tackle combo but i need help!

Default my future light tackle combo but i need help!

I want a new rod and reel combo for a variety of saltwater uses. I would use it onshore in the marina for stingray and sharks (50 pound and below range) as well as fishing off my skiff in the kelp beds by Palos Verdes and Catalina island. I want it to be able to take some big rays and sharks in the marina and also be light enough for fishing in the kelp beds. Here are my candidates for rods and reels It is a casting combo that I'm building too.

Reels Abu Garcia BLX Shimano Caius Shimano cardiff Daiwa millionaire

Rods Bps tourney special Daiwa ballistic Shakespeare ugly stik tiger Bps inshore extreme

Thoughts? Any good pairings listed here

I like the Daiwa Millionaire. I have the gold one. Also out of those rods I would go with the Daiwa ballistic.

Better of with 2 rods. 1 for smaller bass kelp stuff, 10 - 20 lb, 1 for your 30-50 lb shark and rays.
    DR

At the moment I use a Penn defiance combo for heavy stuff and want a medium-ish type setup something to handle bog calicos and the occasional nice shark or ray at mothers beach.