Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quagmire mussels question, giggity giggity

Quote Originally Posted by lowe View Post
    Make sure you lower your prop to drain water if any a day or two before you hit the lake, I have seen boats turn away after asked to lower their prop comes a stream of water.
    Thanks for the tip, do they require you start your outboard to see what blows out?

save yourself all the trouble and book with TO especially if you want to catch stripers and learn the lake.......

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    I wouldn't say it's rare. I get hit with it several times every year around this time.
    I'm a gambling man lol

Quote Originally Posted by olfishergal View Post
    save yourself all the trouble and book with TO especially if you want to catch stripers and learn the lake.......
    Believe you me, I see all the picture Trout Only is posting and wow, that's fishing, many of the things I will try on Sunday are based on his reports. I think I will book with TO in the future but for this first trip I need to validate all the hard work I have been putting into my boat, I redid all the wiring, new sounder, new, radios, new switch panel, batteries, trailer lights.

With that said, if you see me on Sunday, I will be the guy laughing hysterically when I fail boat inspection and have to rent a boat.

Do you know if handicap pass will get me up to the front on the line Sunday morning or is a 4:30 am arrival time good plan to get out early?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Deal Outdoors View Post
    Thanks for the tip, do they require you start your outboard to see what blows out?
    No you dont have to start your motor, make sure you are dry as a bone you should pass with no problems. Dito on hiring T.O as a guide very smart move hands down ..lo

4:30 should work.

I've never heard of any line bumps due to a handicap pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Deal Outdoors View Post
    Believe you me, I see all the picture Trout Only is posting and wow, that's fishing, many of the things I will try on Sunday are based on his reports. I think I will book with TO in the future but for this first trip I need to validate all the hard work I have been putting into my boat, I redid all the wiring, new sounder, new, radios, new switch panel, batteries, trailer lights.

With that said, if you see me on Sunday, I will be the guy laughing hysterically when I fail boat inspection and have to rent a boat.

Do you know if handicap pass will get me up to the front on the line Sunday morning or is a 4:30 am arrival time good plan to get out early?

As far as hiring TO goes, there is nothing in posts or in words that can come close to a day of learning with "The Striper Wisperer"
    You will not be disappointed.
    Sunday starts the 7:00 open time so 4:30 will give you a 2 1/2 hour wait to get in. If you don't have to be first in line you could probably be OK getting there a little after that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12